Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P2007 Intake Manifold woes continue

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P2007 Intake Manifold woes continue

Yep - my turn in the saddle, I'm afraid!
2016 XLT Lariat 5.0 with the dreaded P2007. I bought this in 2020 two weeks before COVID shut down the world - and that was probably a little foreshadowing. I've had this in the shop since January 5th (2 months and counting) - and watched as units on back order grew and then things started looking a little better over the past month - with what appeared to be more units being shipped. Then was delivered the bad news last Thursday - that all of the units that were being shipped out are being brought back and no more units are available to be shipped. Appears there was another fault that showed up really quick... just my guess - nobody tells you anything!

So with all the issues on this part - and obviously Ford isn't doing anything to help owners out, what is the best option? I really can't decide if I want a quick fix and sell the truck or a better long term fix. I really like this truck - it's been super. But having 2+ months of rental car charges and who knows how many more are in my future - something's got to give!
I'm guessing only the Gen 3 is being produced - and what I've gained from the other threads is a 2016 is a Gen 2... So a tune is going to be required anyway - correct?
Is an aftermarket intake manifold even a viable option - or upgrade to a performance option? I'm not needing anything more than stock but don't want any less than stock for hauling and normal driving as well.
I appreciate feedback - thoughts and direction others have taken during these dire times in the coyote intake manifold situation. Two independent shops that I stopped in to discuss weren't two excited to promote an aftermarket option...
Only bright spot is I do have an extended warranty that will cover the repair (only 7 days on the rental though). I do know they said they'd cover aftermarket - but doubt they'll pay more than what some book says OEM costs. Again - thoughts are appreciated! Do the aftermarket options have the same issue with the "rod" breaking off. I don't mind spending a little out of my pocket to get the truck running - I'm spending more on a weekly rental truck now -
As of last Thursday, I believe they said 3,267 were on backorder - my dealer had 4 or 6 (I was confused if all 6 were the same or if 2 were different) that they were waiting on.
Old 03-15-2023, 11:49 AM

Received 298 Likes on 166 Posts

People have put one in from a mustang 5.0. It takes some modding but isnt too bad. You could always remove the actuators and install plates that will hold the flaps open if the flappy valve tube arent broken. I actually replaced mine (2015 5.0L thinking that the tubes broke, but it was actually one of the actuators or sensors, I cant recall. Its sitting in a box in my garage if you want to make an offer on it.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:41 PM

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Since I have 2017 5.0 this has been a concerning problem. I’ve never had a manifold in my hands but from some of the pictures it looks like there is a lever attached to a shaft that breaks off. Couldn’t this be repaired some how? Maybe machine out a new lever that has a feature to clamp onto the shaft or something? Even if the problem is internal to the plastic manifold couldn’t one do some surgery to correct the problem & close it back-up maybe using a 3D printed patch.

Just thinking what I would do if this happens to me & couldn’t get a new part!
Old 06-21-2023, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P2007 Intake wait time?

2017 Lariat. Does anyone know what are the latest wait times? I diagnosed mine 3 weeks ago, then brought it to the dealership so they could make it official and order the intake manifold assembly. I have 80K and an extended warranty. Has anyone just received a new intake manifold so can tell me their wait time? This is the 7th failure of the truck in 3 years and 40K miles. Tailgate opening recall, 2 rounds of recall to fix freezing door cables, 2 dealer visits for doors not opening from the inside not tied to the water/ice issue, 1234YF refrigerant failing the evaporator. Paint peeling on the roof and tailgate. A $500 taillight with moisture caused the entire loop to go down and lose BLIS, AC and front window controls. I wish I had my 400K, 2001 5.4L King Ranch back. It was reliable. So for now I just drive around something reliable, designed 30 years ago with minimal changes, and low tech, my 06 Marquis.

Quick Reply: P2007 Intake Manifold woes continue