Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orderd: Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 06:30 PM

Received 221 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Orderd: Platinum

Today I put through the order on a Tuxedo Black Platinum, 5.0, 3.73 gears, 6.5 bed, tech package, adaptive cruise, moonroof, Brunello interior, tow mirrors.
It's going to be a long couple of months!
I've never been huge on black vehicles for the usual reasons but this truck just looks too sharp.
I've got quite the list already, goes as follows in no particular order;
Tint, Linex, BakFlip F1 with Bak box, MBRP exhaust with twin tips, xpel ultimate the front end and cquartz the rest, led conversion(plates and fogs, may be an interior bulb or two), roush air intake, stubby antenna, husky liners, remove fx4 decal and replace with platinum badge, raptor 6.2L style 5.0L badges, black and chrome ovals, some engine bay mods, 4" bds lift with 2.5 fox coil overs and rear struts, 20x10 fuel renegade 2 piece wheels black barrel chrome spokes, 285/65R20 BFG KO 2's and a few other small things.
There are a few things I have planned but could be a ways off, would like to paint the amber reflectors in the headlights silver to match, paint the platinum letters on the tailgate black, maybe do a suede headliner and sound upgrade.
In regards to the deal, it's definitely not a sure shot but it's looking good. I work for a dealer so I won't say what I'm paying or how but it's good. I'm in a 13 FX4 with 58k on it now and the demand for that truck in the used market is really high so I've got a good deal on the trade too.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:30 PM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

Congrats Wolf, hopefully your wait won't be to long
Old 02-14-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 248 Likes on 156 Posts

Add park assist any you will save 500.00. Check it out.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bikermike
Add park assist any you will save 500.00. Check it out.
Not in Canada you won't.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Derodeo
Not in Canada you won't.
Unfortunately this is true
Old 02-14-2015, 08:56 PM

Received 369 Likes on 201 Posts

And the wait begins....congrats!
Old 02-14-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Wolf hope your wait passes quickly!

I am close to pulling the trigger, but in my area supply is high but supply in the King Ranch or Platinum trim level is low.....extremely low. However, as luck would have it, there is a King Ranch with all my desired bells and whistles in my least desired color, Tuxedo Black. :-) What made you take the plunge on Tuxedo Black despite the obvious shortcomings?
Old 02-15-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Maybe2ndFord
Wolf hope your wait passes quickly! I am close to pulling the trigger, but in my area supply is high but supply in the King Ranch or Platinum trim level is low.....extremely low. However, as luck would have it, there is a King Ranch with all my desired bells and whistles in my least desired color, Tuxedo Black. :-) What made you take the plunge on Tuxedo Black despite the obvious shortcomings?
Goodluck!
Black just looks too sharp on this new truck. I will wrap the front end in Xpel and the rest in cquartz so hopefully that will keep the finish nice.
Red looks great but I don't think it works well with the Brunello
White looks great and works well with Brunello but I'm not a fan of the platinum chrome and such on white, plus it is also hard to maintain with fallout etc
Blue looks great and works with Brunello, but I'm just not sure I want that everyday
Grey is what I have now so I want to switch it up
Don't like guard and silver looks clean but I'd like more depth
Old 02-15-2015, 12:59 PM

What is everyone's thoughts on Blue Jeans on the platinum?
I'm considering switching my ordered colour already.
Looks good imo, pretty classy/sharp colour. Works well with the Brunello, little easier to maintain. Plus not quite as common as your regular colours.
My only things holding me back are that I haven't seen enough of them in different lighting etc so I'm not sure what it usually looks like and that it won't look quite as aggressive as black will sometimes but will still look sharp.
If anyone has a blue jeans plat please post as many pics as you can!!
Old 02-15-2015, 02:24 PM
LONG TIME FORD GUY

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

I have an 05 XLT in true blue ( pretty close to blue jeans. after 10 years it still looks great even though it has been abused over the years. I think it would look good with the brunello inside. and chrome wheels. I still don't many true blue in the wild as most around here are white, silver, and black... typical. Only thing is where I live it's pretty dusty and it shows... it would be worse in black though. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Orderd: Platinum