Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OEM Wiring Harness

So my buddy got a 2017 F150 and we pulled out the the 4.2" display and ACM and discovered that the owner before had spliced all of the wires that plug into the ACM. The plug that has all of the speaker wires. Well when we were looking at it a few of the wires fell out of the butt connectors that they were in. So now that this harness is mutilated we need to find a new one. The wires have been spliced right up next to the connector so it can't be redone because there is no other wire. So my question is this. Can we buy just that connector with say 6 inches of wire on it (like the kind that you would get if you were adding an aftermarket stereo) that plugs into the ACM so we can solder everything up and heat shrink it to make it look right or would he have to buy the whole wiring harness that goes to other things also? Thanks guys. Sorry if it doesnt make sense. If there are any questions feel free to ask.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:38 PM

Received 2,297 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Originally Posted by little_odie81
So my buddy got a 2017 F150 and we pulled out the the 4.2" display and ACM and discovered that the owner before had spliced all of the wires that plug into the ACM. The plug that has all of the speaker wires. Well when we were looking at it a few of the wires fell out of the butt connectors that they were in. So now that this harness is mutilated we need to find a new one. The wires have been spliced right up next to the connector so it can't be redone because there is no other wire. So my question is this. Can we buy just that connector with say 6 inches of wire on it (like the kind that you would get if you were adding an aftermarket stereo) that plugs into the ACM so we can solder everything up and heat shrink it to make it look right or would he have to buy the whole wiring harness that goes to other things also? Thanks guys. Sorry if it doesnt make sense. If there are any questions feel free to ask.
What you are looking for is known as a pigtail. It is a connector complete with terminals and wires attached. Provide a picture of the connector you that you need to replace so it can be properly identified.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:55 PM

It is the plug for the speakers on the left.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:00 PM

So I found this harness through Metra. Would this be the correct one.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/71-5524
Old 07-13-2021, 08:49 PM

Received 2,297 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Originally Posted by little_odie81
So I found this harness through Metra. Would this be the correct one.

http://www.metraonline.com/part/71-5524
I don't have the info on a 2017 so someone else will have to answer this.

Quick Reply: OEM Wiring Harness