Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oem tbc

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 04:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OEM TBC install

Ok, so there is really nothing on the threads about this yet for our trucks. I just did the install and then thought how someone else might appreciate some tips. While I thought to post after the install and did not want to pull panels all over again, I figured some pics and notes for reference would help. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have. Hope this helps someone like me. Total money invested, $130. Total time, 30 min. I still have to get mine flashed.

First, pull up on the front of the dash tray. It only uses plastic clips. It is quite stubborn but be even, and careful and it'll pop out eventually.

You will find two 7mm bolts here. Just lift the tray for access at the front and remove the bolts.

The rest of the face is held in by plastic clips. Pull it off same as you did the tray.

Below the faceplate is the bottom trim. You will need to remove another 7mm as this holds the middle of the trim to the left in place.

The vent trim pulls out and is only held by plastic clips again. All will come out eventually, however the trim around the center console also holds part of the vent trim in place. We'll get to that in a minute.

The bottom is held on by the kick trim below the console. It is all plastic, two part clips except for the bolt on the front.

Finally, remove the center console trim by pulling it up. This allows the vent trim to be moved back far enough to pull out the coin tray and insert the TBC. The plug for it is attached to the coin tray. Put everything back in reverse order and go get it flashed.

Last edited by K.jfitz; 09-11-2015 at 04:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DrrtyD (09-11-2015)

Quick Reply: Oem tbc