Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Truck 1 Thing I really Like (so far)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 07:18 AM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Default New Truck 1 Thing I really Like (so far)

I have a 2 day old Screw with about 100 miles on it so still getting to know it.
I am one of those strange people (according to my wife) who doesn't really like AC and would prefer to drive with the windows open. Most new vehicles are terrible when the driver side window is down with massive wind buffeting. Yesterday I opened the rear sliding and drivers window and I could not believe it, there was hardly any direct wind on me, it was great! A little thing but one that is very important to me!
Old 07-18-2018, 08:08 AM

Received 179 Likes on 142 Posts

Well I like having the rear slider but have absolutely no intention of ever using it. I don't know why I have the inclination to have it but I do. As for rolling down the windows, I haven't done that since I could afford a vehicle with AC.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:21 AM

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts

I like cracking a window on nice days with the rear slider open. Nice air movement and nice and quiet. I wouldn't get a truck without one.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

The rear sliding window was part of an option package. Otherwise, I wouldn't have it. It's a useless feature for me, like the adjustable petals.
The following users liked this post:
seventyeight (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 08:39 AM
Super Duper Senior Member

Received 346 Likes on 281 Posts

During the Florida "winter", I tend to have all of my windows down, the rear slider and sunroof open. Love my rear slider. It's open anytime the windows are down.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:21 AM

Received 2,584 Likes on 1,503 Posts

The rear slider is a great way to dump excess heat out of the cab when I first start the truck up... otherwise, it doesn't get used much.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm somewhat the opposite. I almost never ride with the windows down. Partly for safety, partly for efficiency, but mostly for quiet. Had had the truck 3-4 months when I was cruising down the interstate and notice some dust buildup on the dash. Decided to see how well I could blow her out so I opened all 4 side windows, the moonroof, and rear slider. First thought...this truck does a fantastic job of insulating out ambient noise with all the glass closed. Second thought...this was a bad idea with clothes hanging up in the back...just about lost some shirts. Final thought...dust was gone.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 AM

Received 1,330 Likes on 797 Posts

Just picked it up last night. Biggest surprise is I LOVE the tow mirrors. Once I get used to them it will difficult adapting to cars without them. Came from the factory with a dusty dash. Will have to try the windows down cleaning approach.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:58 AM
Blunt

Received 1,074 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Darknight1974
Well I like having the rear slider but have absolutely no intention of ever using it. I don't know why I have the inclination to have it but I do. As for rolling down the windows, I haven't done that since I could afford a vehicle with AC.
The rear sliding window is best for when towing. For one, you can hear if anything's loose or making noise, but the real benefit is how the dragged air comes in. That's how I found out one of my trailer brakes were stuck on and slightly dragging. We were driving down the highway with the front windows cracked and all was fine. I opened up the rear sliding window and we got blasted with a burning smell immediately! Pulled over and one of my trailer wheels were very hot and smelled of burning carpet/rubber.

Had we just carried on without opening that rear window, we would have never smelled it even with the front windows open. It's surprising how the tumbling air brings the smell up to the back of the truck. And opening that window just sucks in that air.

Since then, I open it often when towing.
The following users liked this post:
mikeinatlanta (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 215 Likes on 165 Posts

I prefer to have the windows down and the A/C off. I believe I've used A/C once so far this summer for about 15 minutes. I do have the rear slider, but that will be replaced with a solid back window when/if the window breaks. I didn't think about the towing aspect of it.

Quick Reply: New Truck 1 Thing I really Like (so far)