Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My apologies

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 10:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My apologies

just wanted to drop all a quick line. This forum and most members have been a huge help. I lurked for about a year while I planned my truck purchase. Coming from 3 f350’s to a f150 was a new route for me. I apologize for being that guy that signs up, ask a couple questions, and then disappears forever. Summer work craziness has slowed up here in Alaska and I have some time to enjoy my truck and play around. The mythical mag grey lariat hdpp/max tow is what I landed on and will post some pics someday when I Figure it out. So far so good but do have some things I hate about it but I have found work around here on this forum. Oh yeah some great person backed into right rear quarter panel the other day and drove off. Parts arrived and first trip to body shop dang it almost cried. 4K miles, no bed side replace needed wow. Also have a raven hanging around work that has eaten both icon wipers, most of the rubber trim on bottom of windshield, most of the window molding on rear passenger window, rubber thing on roof back of cab, and startedin on the rear slider rubber mounding. Have caught him 4 times. Found out it’s a felony or something to touch them as they are federally protected. Would have to get a permit to kill and eat him. Have not seen him in over 10 days so holding, anywaythanks again all, starting winter and will have tons of questions for ya all once again I’m sure
Old 12-13-2018, 11:12 PM

Received 2,286 Likes on 1,500 Posts

I sympathize you on the raven issue. I don't have this problem at home, but the wife had this problem at work. The crows around here are about the same size as a raven and they sometimes eat the rubber parts as well.

To bad about the hit-and-run. Never happens when your driving an old clunker, just with your new ride!
Old 12-14-2018, 07:20 AM

Received 1,330 Likes on 797 Posts

Pieces of Gorilla brand tape laid sticky side up will cure the bird issue. Works best on warmer days. If the bird survives (probably not) he'll learn to avoid your truck.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:29 AM
Papermaker24

Received 347 Likes on 272 Posts

If you eat that bird, be careful you dont get plugged up from all that rubber
Old 12-14-2018, 09:28 AM

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

We had a problem around here a few years ago where turkey vultures were tearing up trim on vehicles at a few different Lake Wylie boat ramps. At the time, I was working with our local wildlife officer to help locate an alligator we had spotted while fishing previously. He told me they were able to stop the damage by hanging effigies of turkey vultures in the parking areas. Have you thought about adding a hood ornament???
Old 12-14-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

That's crazy about the bird. Wtf!
Old 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM

Received 1,330 Likes on 797 Posts

I had an issue with a blue bird. Hated hurting the little guy but had to stop the damage. In GA, you can take out protected species if they are causing property damage.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the ideas, fish and game said fake owls work for a while but ravens are way smart. Also said scat mats battery powered shocker mats to teach pets not to go there. Lots of other vehicles in the shops lot just seems to like mine. I mean come on I have been living right and doing good. Helped lady with sleeping babies off the plane 2 nights ago and then helped old lady out of gas in a snow storm on the way home from airport, working on that karma😜 the hit and run was at the tire shop getting snow tires put on, shop said we did not do that someone hit you, I will save ya all the saga, bummer but getting repaired later this month
Old 12-14-2018, 01:03 PM

Sorry just noticed I said three f350’s. I wish I have only had 2. Still have my 08 in case I have work to much for the f150. It’s held it’s own so far. So far you guys have helped me order the hdpp max tow f150, husky floor mats, auto stop eliminator on order, husky mud flaps but not on until I get wheel liners, and I just finished the h11/h9 9011/9005 bulb swap that made a huge difference. Also dialed in a blue ox swap pro for our 7500 pound trailer and got those snap on tow mirrors That worked great. Next I’m looking at lomax bed cover. Need a touch more ground clearance for Alaska and what I do, the sway bars are in the dirt in off road areas. Was thinking 2 inch level and slightly bigger rear block but have seen post with issues and wondering about shock length as that hdpp sits so higher already with the extra springs. Still hate the chrome bumpers, the wood trim, the grey pillars and headliner, and yeah the steroid sucks, rocking paper bass baby. Those things can wait. Double honk is freaking killing me, always walking away with truck running in the winter, waking up the kids in the morning. Stupid. Scared of forscan as I’m no kid that knows tech well, hell cant even figure a picture post yet! I think my number one issue right now is the cab is too bright at night. I drive for work a lot couple hundred mile trips in the Alaska dark and al the interior light is killing me eyes. Drive three hours last week with a black garbage bag draped over the dash to block all the light, thanks again all and give me feedback on my future mods above if possible.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:39 PM

Received 106 Likes on 43 Posts

Ravens are the smartest creatures I ever ran across. I seen some amazing stuff the 35 years I lived in Alaska. But the most amazing was watching a raven pull a zipper open on a nylon bag someone had installed inside the windshield on their snowmobile. Then he grabbed a candy bar from inside the bag which was obviously frozen. The raven then flew up and dropped the candy bar on a rock so it would shatter then proceeded to eat it.

Quick Reply: My apologies