Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling kits how do they effect warrantys

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kits how do they effect warrantys

Leveling kit how do they effect ext. premium ford warranty does it matter if you buy just a front level kit or a front and rear level lift or front coil level kit ?? Its on a 16 f150 limited sport pachage with 5.0
Old 02-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Dealership told me if I had issues with the front end they would void my warranty unless they did it in their shop. It was only $100 more that another shop I trusted I had the dealership do it. Wasn't worth the chance over $100/
Old 02-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

This is the one issue that's stopped me from leveling out mine.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:52 PM

Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Any modification to the suspension will jeopardize portions of your warranty, regardless of who does the work as far as Ford is concerned. Some dealerships may make under the table deals to still honor the warranty if they do the work, but they are doing so at the risk of them being caught by Ford. Any deal like that may not be recognized at another dealer. Sometimes, if you have a great realtionship with your dealer, they will turn their head the other way on warranty issue such as this. The dealer cannot void your warranty over this, buit they can (and are supposed to) deny coverage on items such as ball joints and cv axles.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:26 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

I leveled my truck new and 56k miles on it now and no issues. I asked my dealer if they see many issues and they said hardly any come in with an issue. The only issues they see from level kits is if the person installing it messes up the IWE's. My advisor did say they do see issues with the trucks that have 6" lifts. This dealer always has new trucks lifted on the lot and they are a very lift friendly dealer. If your worried stick to a 2" and lower kit, or do it right and buy some 5100's (wish I did).

In the end if you like the look go for it.

Quick Reply: Leveling kits how do they effect warrantys