Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key fob panic alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 12:20 AM

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Key fob panic alarm

Few times a week I hear a truck in front of my office honking...it's usually mine. Seams that the panic button sticks up a little too high and I'm always setting it off. Anyone else with similar issues? Ideas? I thought about pealing the button off. The last thing I am grabbing for if someone is trying to jack me or my family is my trusty key fob...I am thinking about doing the same for the tail gate. Another button I don't want to accidentally set off in my garage and have it open against the wall, garage door or whatever is behind me
Old 06-08-2015, 12:39 AM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

I opened my FOB and inside there is a flexible plastic/rubber piece with little nubs for each button. I simply clipped the nub off for the panic button so the button press does nothing.

I have never used my panic button for any legitimate purpose in 10+ years of having one, so I figure it isn't worth it.
The following users liked this post:
kendive (09-26-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 07:23 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

"I have never used my panic button for any legitimate purpose in 10+ years of having one, so I figure it isn't worth it."

It's a panic alarm? I thought it was a vehicle parking lot locator device. Go figure.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:45 AM

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts

Haha right. A really loud and obnoxious parking lot locator.

It is nice for when you're sitting somewhere in sight of the vehicle and someone starts to lean on it...
Old 06-08-2015, 12:59 PM

Received 249 Likes on 156 Posts

I've set mine off a few times by accident. Now every time I hear one I check my truck.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:32 PM

Received 140 Likes on 83 Posts

Remote start - two button pushes (after hitting 'lock' first).

Tailgate release - two button pushes.

Panic button? ONE button push, and it's never intentional. Have stuff in your pocket? You'll set it off. Carrying a heavy box? You'll set it off.

Since February, I've set mine off about eight times. Never on-purpose. Gotta disable it for sure.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:43 PM

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenn213

It is nice for when you're sitting somewhere in sight of the vehicle and someone starts to lean on it...
I have done that more than once with my GT500
Old 06-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Saved by Grace

Received 262 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenn213

I did that once. Was at a park for my daughters birthday party and this very large lady decided to lean her very large rear end on my driver's front fender. I pushed the panic button repeatedly and she almost crapped herself. She started screaming at me very loudly as I walked up to the truck... it was quite funny. I wanted to say that my truck was screaming "get your big butt off of me in truck talk" but I resisted the urge. Plus I was laughing pretty hard.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:06 PM
F250>F150

Received 918 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieP65
Remote start - two button pushes (after hitting 'lock' first).

Tailgate release - two button pushes.

Panic button? ONE button push, and it's never intentional. Have stuff in your pocket? You'll set it off. Carrying a heavy box? You'll set it off.

Since February, I've set mine off about eight times. Never on-purpose. Gotta disable it for sure.
Bend down to pick something up? You'll set it off. Just got your kid to sleep and the key fob decided it misses you. You'll set it off. Driving a riding lawnmower and make a right turn while simultaneously taking a swig of beer? ...yep, you get the picture.

I will say that after every time I always say "what the f***, truck?" to the point where my 5 year old says "what the f***, truck" every time she hears a car horn. That got me negative bonus points.

Ergo- Panic alarms ruin lives, not save them.
The following users liked this post:
StevieP65 (01-29-2016)
Old 06-24-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I always seem to set mine off while working around the house. On a ladder on the roof while mowing while painting etc... I will be nurturing mine soon now that I know about the nubs.

Quick Reply: Key fob panic alarm