Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just took delivery. Not as ordered.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 10:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just took delivery. Not as ordered.

Need your advice here guys.
I took delivery of my new 2016 lariat screw on Thursday. Ordered the V8, Fx4 package and some other goodies. A couple of disappointments on delivery:
1. FX4 package 18" tires = Good year Fortitude HT. Labelled as Highway, all-season on the Tirerack site. Yet some other 18" lariats on the lot had the adventure Kevlars. WTF?
2. Was originally planning on plowing, but decided against it. Salesman talked me into getting the prep package anyway. Failed to mention that the prep package forces you to lose the 4A drive option (which I wanted). He said he didn't know that happened either.

So, both of those items I can live with. I ordered and had installed at delivery an Autospring 2.5" level and BFG KO2s. Took it for my first long drive this weekend and it felt sluggish (I came out of a '13 EB). That struck me as strange since I test drove a V8 with 3.73 prior to ordering.

That brings me to...
3. THe build sheet he sent me showed 3.73 gears. After my long trip, I dug out the window sticker from the glove box only to find it was delivered with 3.31 gears. Again, WTF?

I know I should have checked the window sticker at delivery. My bad. Salesman was a great guy and gave me a great deal, but still he led me astray with the snow plow prep and now this. I have an email from him with the build sheet specifically recommending the 3.73 gears.

Obviously I am going into the dealership Monday. But curious as to what you think my recourse should be. Have them swap out the gears? Money back? New truck? Our family does A LOT of business with this dealership and are family friends with the owner. I would hope they would go above and beyond to address this. What does the collective brain trust here think they should offer to do?

Thanks in advance for the advice. Oh... and here's a picture of the truck for eye candy.

Name:  sPScAahXcFVcaFEqjwjpbQ3OaI8McDVtN9kILUPH8N9jzmJRkZ5ZRvgEXwKlN3pEg8i1i0sTtYYw1882-h1083-.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  206.0 KB
Old 09-18-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts

You should have checked all that before you signed. You're stuck with it as is.
The following users liked this post:
Thamac15 (09-18-2016)
Old 09-18-2016, 10:20 AM

Received 863 Likes on 588 Posts

I'd go to the dealer and see what they can do for you, worst thing they can say is sorry. You're truck looks amazing! I have 3.31's with the 5.0 and they work just fine. Not as peppy as the 3.73's sure, but they're not bad at all. Plus you'll get better gas mileage.

Let us know what the dealers says!
Old 09-18-2016, 10:21 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Can of worms.

Two sides here. You are most certainly responsible for making sure this is the truck you ordered. Your bad.

Dealer should have done their due diligence as well. Their mistake.

Not saying whose at fault or what the outcome should be... just good luck. If it was me I would pretty much want the truck I ordered. It would make regret my purchase perhaps forever and that just isn't how it's supposed to work with a new truck.

Good Looking truck though.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:24 AM

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

A good dealership can and will take care of you. I am currently in the process of having a dealership buy a truck back from me but under different circumstances of course. It's a major hassle for a dealer to buy back a truck but can be done, maybe they have something on the lot they would just swap out for you? That would be alot easier for everyone. I'm on week 4 right now of the return process but should have my check Monday so I can start looking again...
Old 09-18-2016, 10:38 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

That sucks brother. I agree with the others that if it were me, I'd constantly think about it every time I saw/drove my truck. Plus the 4A is one of the best points of the lariat (or higher) in my opinion. If it was just the gears, while bad enough, they can easily be changed. The 4A I would guess not.

Hopefully they take care of you somehow. Good luck!
Old 09-18-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I should have checked, just wasn't on my radar like making sure I got the longer bed, the bench seat, and the other options. Again, my bad. We all know what you get when you assume. I'll let you know what the dealer says. Hopefully they will at least help me with a gearing change.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 627 Likes on 445 Posts

Did you already register and title it at the bmv?
Old 09-18-2016, 10:56 AM
F250>F150

Received 917 Likes on 483 Posts

Sharp looking truck and sorry it's not exactly how you ordered it. I know I'd feel like crap if I ordered a truck myself and it came it came out wrong. Otherwise, what's the point in ordering it specifically for yourself?

Just be cordial and polite and go through your concerns with the dealership. I'd bypass the salesman or have a manager present when you do talk to the salesman. If you know the GM, get him involved too. It may turn out to be easier to fix than you thought.

If you're catching flak from the dealership from the get-go, don't fight it out with them immediately. Contact the Ford Customer Service group or whatever it is called on this forum and they can escalate to the regional Customer Service Manager. That might help, it might not. Worth a shot to get what you want though.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 627 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by BoozeDaily
If you're catching flak from the dealership from the get-go, don't fight it out with them immediately. Contact the Ford Customer Service group or whatever it is called on this forum and they can escalate to the regional Customer Service Manager. That might help, it might not. Worth a shot to get what you want though.
I don't think he really has any rights since he signed for delivery.... it's all gonna hinge on the goodwill of his dealer IMO.

Quick Reply: Just took delivery. Not as ordered.