Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incentives changing mid month?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 06:11 AM

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Incentives changing mid month?

Missed the boat on 1 truck I wanted to buy while waiting on my $1k private cash to arrive a couple months ago. Kind of a shame too since it was pretty much exactly what I want except for no 36g (given the choice I'd take it, but given the upgrade cost it's not a biggy at all) and had the brake controller which I don't want but at least it's <$300 add on. Anyhow, there are still 2 more 15's around that fit another direction I was kind of torn about going as far as configuration goes that I have been keeping an eye on.

Anyhow, it's pretty commonly known the incentives haven't been stellar the last couple of months. Last night, I noticed a commercial on tv claiming $10250+ total savings on 15 F-150's. Mind you this was a Ford commercial, not a dealer commercial with the usual dealer advertised pricing antics. Of course Ford uses the "savings" built in to the sticker price as part of their overall numbers....but no matter what the configuration, version of ford credit financing, etc, the incentives listed on Ford's site come up about $2k short than what they are claiming (baked in MSRP savings included) on the commercials. Throwing more on the hood isn't unheard of, but I wouldn't normally expect any changes until the current crop expires (on the 4th currently). Anyone know if they are throwing more on the hood and just hasn't hit their site yet? Or if not, how they are arriving at that $10k+ savings claimed?

If anyone is interested in exactly what I am after...

Ideally a 2wd supercab XLT w/ 3.5na, 302a, 3.73 e-lock, tow, 36g, center console, and bed liner (would prob get factory spray in on ordered truck, but lots of options of course on in stock truck without a liner). Seems to be the best bang for the buck with features/toys as the MSRP is usually around the same to slightly more as basic 301a's with useless (to me) options like $600 running boards and such you always see in stock. The other direction is a basic 2wd 301a w/ 2.7, elock, tow, and center console.

As far as the motor goes...I want a drivetrain that has the best chance at making it 10+yrs without major issue. It's also a truck, not a race car, so I don't really care if it can run like a scared cat off the line or not. I don't tow regularly or more than a few k so fine there too. Since all the normally configured 301a's left around here are 2.7, for a mere $500 more, I'm def not against the more fun motor, but I do dread the issues they could have over a decade, particularly leaks, turbos, etc. At either rate, my 03 F150 is still kicking along just fine so I am in no hurry. Unless something legitimately good comes out incentive wise, I'll prob just order a 16 exactly how I want once incentives are at least decent (like the same level they currently are for 15's) and call it a day.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

If you wait for the current 2015 incentives to appear on the 2016s, it will be at least September 2016.

All the rebates do is cover depreciation through the year.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Chief rebates are nice but I learned that if you really stick to your guns someone is going to give you what you want. I have been searching for a loaded Lariat for 3 months and I watched rebates and incentives come and go. I called dealers as far as 250 miles away pushing to pay 50,000 for a 60,000 dollar truck and nobody was giving in. At last my local dealer called me and told me he would give me a 15 platinum loaded for 52,000 which is a great deal. On my way home from work I stopped at a ford dealer in a ritzy town and I remember saying to myself. This area is too rich and they aren't gonna budge. They gave me the same story that they can only do 56,000 and I walked out plus the truck wasn't the color I wanted. As I pull in to my local dealer the other dealers internet department called me and told me they just received a 16 platinum in the color I want loaded to the gills minus two items ( spray in liner and bed side steps) and they would give it to me for 55,000. Still not what I really wanted to pay I went back the next morning and walked out of the dealer with a loaded platinum for $53,300. While it's missing two of the components that were important to me it came with a few more I didn't even think of. I love my new truck and persistence paid off. Sticker on my truck is shy of 64,000 and I got the $10,000 off from the commercial. Don't give up and you will get what you want. Yes I wasted probably 60 hours working on this but well worth it. Good luck
Old 12-12-2015, 11:19 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

If none of you are worried about mpg, consider an F250. A friend of mine was shopping 2016 Silverado's & F150's and the dealers wouldn't budge. So she stepped up to an F250 and the offer was $8000 off MSRP. The vehicle was a loaded 2016 F250 6.2 4x4 CC 6.5 bed Lariat for $47K + TTL. MSRP was $55K.

Quick Reply: Incentives changing mid month?