Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove badges?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 12:24 AM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default How to remove badges?

I'm wanting to remove some, maybe all, of the badges off my new truck. I can't stand the chrome letters on my white Sport Fx4. I'll eventually black them out and put them back on but for now I'd rather have them off.

If someone could give me some advice or even just point me in the right direction on this as I'm sure there has already been at least one thread, I would sure appreciate it.

Last edited by MeatWagon17; 04-27-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you plan on removing the f150 badges on the front fenders just be aware there are four holes so it may best to get new ones before you remove them. They are not just glued on. The same goes for the rear f150 badge I believe. There is a good one on removal of them on YouTube. I just googled it and it popped up. Hope this helped a bit
The following users liked this post:
MeatWagon17 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dpmurraysr81
If you plan on removing the f150 badges on the front fenders just be aware there are four holes so it may best to get new ones before you remove them. They are not just glued on. The same goes for the rear f150 badge I believe. There is a good one on removal of them on YouTube. I just googled it and it popped up. Hope this helped a bit
Good to know about the holes ! Thank you
Old 04-27-2017, 12:35 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have been looking into it as well but can only seem to find black and red f150 badges I want all black but I suppose I can paint the red, black. Best of luck
Old 04-27-2017, 12:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I just took off all of my badges minus the "F150" on the sides. The stickers are easy, just pick a corner and then peel. Some of the badges I could just pull off, others I got some thin weed wacker line, slipped it under a corner, and the pulled towards my body (away from the paint) and just kinda sawed my way through the tape carefully. Some residue was left over, put you can just roll it off with your finger and clean the rest up with WD-40.

I took off the dealer badge, the F150 badge on the tailgate, the two ecoboost badges, and the Sport 4x4 stickers.

Others have suggested after removal to wash/wax where the badges were, since I think there's nothing under them to help with stickiness.

I plan on blacking out my two remaining badges. Hope that helps, good luck!
MeatWagon17 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Debadge

For the Ecoboost and f150 on the tailgate I used fishing line and sawed back and forth. They come off real easy.
MeatWagon17 (04-27-2017)
Old 04-27-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sharpienads
I just took off all of my badges minus the "F150" on the sides. The stickers are easy, just pick a corner and then peel. Some of the badges I could just pull off, others I got some thin weed wacker line, slipped it under a corner, and the pulled towards my body (away from the paint) and just kinda sawed my way through the tape carefully. Some residue was left over, put you can just roll it off with your finger and clean the rest up with WD-40.

I took off the dealer badge, the F150 badge on the tailgate, the two ecoboost badges, and the Sport 4x4 stickers.

Others have suggested after removal to wash/wax where the badges were, since I think there's nothing under them to help with stickiness.

I plan on blacking out my two remaining badges. Hope that helps, good luck!
Thanks for the info. How do you plan to black out your badges?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by SDeco
For the Ecoboost and f150 on the tailgate I used fishing line and sawed back and forth. They come off real easy.
Yes, fishing line works best for the badges.

Originally Posted by MeatWagon17
Thanks for the info. How do you plan to black out your badges?
Unless you have them done professionally most find "Plasti Dip" to work well.

Stickers come off best and easiest with a Hair dryer. Heat, peel and pull. Warm day and fairly new stickers will usually come off easy even without the hairdryer.

Goo Gone - WD40 and such work well to remove any residue that may remain. Just remember to throw a little wax on the spot you used it on.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by idrive
Yes, fishing line works best for the badges.

Unless you have them done professionally most find "Plasti Dip" to work well.

Stickers come off best and easiest with a Hair dryer. Heat, peel and pull. Warm day and fairly new stickers will usually come off easy even without the hairdryer.

Goo Gone - WD40 and such work well to remove any residue that may remain. Just remember to throw a little wax on the spot you used it on.

So the front fender badges will still need to come off in order to Plasti Dip, correct? I'm assuming it's like spray paint? Consistency of the ever amazing Flex-Seal ? Lol
Old 04-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by MeatWagon17
So the front fender badges will still need to come off in order to Plasti Dip, correct? YES.

I'm assuming it's like spray paint? Consistency of the ever amazing Flex-Seal ? Lol Kind of... not quite that bad.
Getting the F150 badges on the fenders are a bit tricky to get off without ruining. It would be a must to get on youtube and find a couple of videos showing you how.