Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horne and leaks

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horne and leaks

Have a 2015 Lariat crew cab purchased in July, great to drive until last month. Problem started about 1030 PM when the horn went off for no apparent reason. Key fob would not deactivate, started engine no help. By the time I hunted down a wrench to disconnect the battery both horns had burnt out. Took it in to the dealer and they confirmed that both horns were burnt out but could not tell me why. Fast forward two weeks and same issue while driving down the interstate. This time I was able to disconnect the horn, they get really really hot after going off for about 5 minutes. Back to the dealer. Truck has been sitting there for almost two weeks turns out there is a leak ( somewhere) that is draining into the back and shorting out something ( service rep cold not tell me what). I found a wet spot in the carpet I though had spilled a bottle of water. Not sure if this is tied into the roof leak I am seeing in other threads. Dealer mentioned that there were a few other trucks in with the same issue. Currently waiting on a computer. Anyone know how many computers are in this truck and if any modules are located in the back where water could cause an issue?

Quick Reply: Horne and leaks