Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holes in dash above push button start?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Holes in dash above push button start?

I did a search and came up with nothing, so if it has been asked before sorry. There are 3 slot type holes in the dash right above the push button start. They aren't on the other side. Looks like something behind them but not sure. I'm just wondering what they are for? Anyone have a clue. I didn't see anything in manual either.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:33 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

I can't imagine that you're referring to the trailer brake controller, which because it has two levers creates 3 "slots", one on the left, one in the middle, and one on the right?

Since there are so many configurations of dashboards, I'd suggest you post a picture and also explain which model you have.

In looking at the online brochures, I see nothing that fits your design.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

cabin temperature sensor (from another post)
Old 05-14-2015, 11:51 AM

Sorry haven't learned how to post pics yet. I have a King Ranch loaded with everything. The cabin temperature sensor would sound about right. It looks to be a sensor in there. I just thought all models would have the holes. Stupid me right. Anyways thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Texcan
Sorry haven't learned how to post pics yet. I have a King Ranch loaded with everything. The cabin temperature sensor would sound about right. It looks to be a sensor in there. I just thought all models would have the holes. Stupid me right. Anyways thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
Texcan, I assume this is what you are referring to? I was browsing ebay after I saw this post and figured I would post it up. I saw it on all models, XL, XLT, Lariat, KR, Plat.

Matt
Old 05-14-2015, 12:53 PM

Yes that's it! Thanks, Matt I couldn't find anything about it, and thought I would ask here. Still not sure about what it is but the cabin temperature sensor make sense. Would like to know for sure though. Again thanks for adding pic Matt
Old 05-14-2015, 09:54 PM

Received 647 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Texcan
Yes that's it! Thanks, Matt I couldn't find anything about it, and thought I would ask here. Still not sure about what it is but the cabin temperature sensor make sense. Would like to know for sure though. Again thanks for adding pic Matt
Its a temp and humidity sensor.

Trending Topics

Old 05-14-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Where's the mic for the blue tooth phone? Its not in the same place it used to be so I thought that the slots there might be the mic now. I don't believe my truck has cab temp controls like that its only and XLT Sport.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

Oh that's funny! I've been yell into that thing for the last 5000 miles thinking it was the mic. Lol!
Old 05-14-2015, 10:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KYBuckeye
Oh that's funny! I've been yell into that thing for the last 5000 miles thinking it was the mic. Lol!
Haha, hopefully it is not sensitive enough to catch the heat in your breath.. "Everytime I am on the phone the AC gets extra cold"

I was at dealer the other day and asked what those 4 sensors where in the overhead unit. Sales guy asked the manager, who owns a platinum, and he said its speakers, 4, one for each seat I guess... Below is best pic I could find quickly.

Matt

Quick Reply: Holes in dash above push button start?