Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help from those that HAVE ordered a 2016

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 04:15 PM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Help from those that HAVE ordered a 2016

For those of you that have placed your order for a 2016, specifically Lariat models.

1. Did dealer make you put down a deposit?
2. Did you negotiate a final sale price at time or order?
3. Will you also get any current rebates off final sales price at delivery if they are available?
4. Did you get #3 in writing?
5. Did you find dealers willing to go invoice minus holdback or better?

I just got off a dealer lot test driving again. Keeping it very casual and stating that I'm interested in a 16 but in no big hurry. Sales manager tells me that they require $1000 deposit and that we would negotiate price at delivery. I smiled and said I'd be in touch. Just curious as to what experience others are having.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by golfproatl
For those of you that have placed your order for a 2016, specifically Lariat models.

1. Did dealer make you put down a deposit?
2. Did you negotiate a final sale price at time or order?
3. Will you also get any current rebates off final sales price at delivery if they are available?
4. Did you get #3 in writing?

I just got off a dealer lot test driving again. Keeping it very casual and stating that I'm interested in a 16 but in no big hurry. Sales manager tells me that they require $1000 deposit and that we would negotiate price at delivery. I smiled and said I'd be in touch. Just curious as to what experience others are having.

Thanks
Tell them to pound sand. Y would you give them the upper hand by risking 1000 that they won't screw your on the negotiation.

No deposit. Price agreed to before its ordered. Period.
The following users liked this post:
007TRUCK (09-15-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 05:04 PM

Received 256 Likes on 146 Posts

I can see dealers being a little less "giving" when it comes to ordering a 2016. Not to say that you won't find a reasonable one.

But they do have the upper hand because all the prospective buyers they have now are literally chomping at the bit to order one, so why cut too many deals when they will find enough other people to pay a premium to have one of the first few off the line.
130428 (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by statikuz
I can see dealers being a little less "giving" when it comes to ordering a 2016. Not to say that you won't find a reasonable one.

But they do have the upper hand because all the prospective buyers they have now are literally chomping at the bit to order one, so why cut too many deals when they will find enough other people to pay a premium to have one of the first few off the line.
I think the answer to this is to work with multiple dealers. Make them bid against each other.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:16 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I've ordered most of the new vehicles I've ever bought. The biggest deposit I've ever given has been $500 though sometimes they don't ask for one. I've always had the exact and final total price up front and any available rebates at the time of delivery will be deducted. In writing.

I've been inquiring about ordering a '16 and have received mostly silence from the dealers. I'm actually in NO hurry at all but don't want to wait six months either.

I have been in contact with a Ford dealership in Vernon, Texas and they gave me a price on the truck. What I was given wasn't anything to get excited about and just a little under the XPlan price by about $400. Since I can get XPlan at most any dealership it wouldn't be logical to make a 500 mile round trip to buy from them. Below is the reply I received when I advised them of this information: (copied and pasted, I have not edited)

"On a built we have to high ball the price just to give us a little room when it comes in. We don't know exactly what the hold back will be until we get the official invoice from Ford. We also will not get the invoice until about 2 weeks before the truck arrives."

My only thought is: Do they actually think I'm that stupid?

The following 4 users liked this post by Supercrewbear:
007TRUCK (09-15-2015), golfproatl (09-14-2015), Lockelamora (09-14-2015), WillD (09-14-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 08:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've talked to 3 dealerships so far about ordering a 2016...

#1 said, "$5000 deposit and they aren't sure if they will be able to order it because of the 'late availability' tag that is on the sport appearance package."

#2 said, "Can't order for at least 2 months due to late availability"

I started talking pricing with #3 and he gave me x-plan over the phone. I'm interested to see what they will say when I ask for Invoice - $1500 - rebates at delivery which I think is very fair.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:49 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I actually ordered today, a '16 Limited. Complete price was negotiated. I got it at dealer invoice, which is just a few dollars under X Plan. Dealer said that I could shop around and get some holdback, but this dealer isn't able to offer that He is a new owner, as last owner went bankrupt, and is the only dealership in town. For purposes of getting a loaner when service work is being done, I didn't shop around to save $1000 or so (maybe even $2000 would be possible). Dealer asked how much deposit did I want to put down. I said $2500 as that is just under 5% of full delivered price. Full delivered price, including taxes and license, etc. will be around $65K. I got most of the options, and the tri-coat white metallic paint (along with 3.55 and e-lock rear end). I will get any incentives that are available at time of delivery. That is Ford Motor Company policy. I hope this info helps.
golfproatl (09-15-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 08:57 PM

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts

1. Did dealer make you put down a deposit? No
2. Did you negotiate a final sale price at time or order? Yes
3. Will you also get any current rebates off final sales price at delivery if they are available? Certainly
4. Did you get #3 in writing? No, If I can't trust the dealer, no final transaction.
No, Invoice.

I ordered a HD payload package truck, which again for 2016 is late availability. The DORA shows late availability (option code 627 HD Payload) at the bottom. As per Ford Marketing, "late availability" for the HD payload option will be late February or early March build dates.
Hopefully Ford won't cancel my order two years in a row!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:58 AM

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jphass
I actually ordered today, a '16 Limited. Complete price was negotiated. I got it at dealer invoice, which is just a few dollars under X Plan. Dealer said that I could shop around and get some holdback, but this dealer isn't able to offer that He is a new owner, as last owner went bankrupt, and is the only dealership in town. For purposes of getting a loaner when service work is being done, I didn't shop around to save $1000 or so (maybe even $2000 would be possible). Dealer asked how much deposit did I want to put down. I said $2500 as that is just under 5% of full delivered price. Full delivered price, including taxes and license, etc. will be around $65K. I got most of the options, and the tri-coat white metallic paint (along with 3.55 and e-lock rear end). I will get any incentives that are available at time of delivery. That is Ford Motor Company policy. I hope this info helps.
Why did you decided to give him such a large deposit of your choosing?
Old 09-15-2015, 10:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Velosprout
1. Did dealer make you put down a deposit? No
2. Did you negotiate a final sale price at time or order? Yes
3. Will you also get any current rebates off final sales price at delivery if they are available? Certainly
4. Did you get #3 in writing? No, If I can't trust the dealer, no final transaction.
No, Invoice.

I ordered a HD payload package truck, which again for 2016 is late availability. The DORA shows late availability (option code 627 HD Payload) at the bottom. As per Ford Marketing, "late availability" for the HD payload option will be late February or early March build dates.
Hopefully Ford won't cancel my order two years in a row!
I would be happy with late Feb - early March build dates. (I'm trying to order the sport appearance package which is also late availability.) I've ready everything from the timeframe you list above to June to "it will never come!!!" haha.

Quick Reply: Help from those that HAVE ordered a 2016