Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fortin EVO-ALL Remote Start Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 11:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fortin EVO-ALL Remote Start Not Working

I have a 2016 F150 XLT with the standard ignition key (NOT push button start). I have tried two different Fortin EVO-ALL remote start devices with the T-harness that plugs in between the OBD-II harness and connector under the dash.

I believe that i have followed the instructions correctly, that is I have:
1) Made sure that all doors including the hood and tailgate are closed
2) Plugged in the T-harness part that goes between the OBD-II harness and the connector under the dash
3) Pushed the button on the Fortin device and then plugged in the black four-pin connector with the two RED and BLACK wires and observed the LEDs cycling as described in the instructions
4) Released the button when only the BLUE LED is lit
5) Inserted the ignition key into the ignition and turned it to the ON/RUN position and observed the BLUE LED flashing rapidly more than 10 times before turning the ignition off and removing the key.

At this point I believe that I should be able to press the LOCK, UNLOCK, and LOCK button sequence and have the truck start after a short delay. However, what actually happens is that the LEDs go through some kind of indecipherable sequence before finally flashing RED three times and then going out.

The truck does not start.

Does anyone know what the LEDs themselves indicate? That is, does each LED represent the signal on a particular wire (ex: CAN1 High, CAN1 Low) or maybe a code sequence of some sort?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Additional info: After doing some more digging I found that the EVO-ALL module is apparently compatible with the 2016 F150 standard ignition key WITHOUT KEYLESS ENTRY, which my particular truck has. I have attached a screenshot of the Fortin compatibility page.

So if that's the case the question now becomes "is it possible to get around this?"
Attached Files
File Type: docx
EVO-ALL.docx (153.0 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by srf461; 04-23-2019 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 04-23-2019, 10:56 AM

Received 199 Likes on 156 Posts

If I recall you need to use two keys for the programming to work, not sure based on your info if you did that.

I also recall fighting with the programming, going back inside for supper, then getting it to work after supper lol
Old 04-23-2019, 11:05 AM

Hi Ryan and thank you for your reply. As I understand it from reading the instructions and watching others installing the device on Youtube only one key is required. Assuming that I am correct that is a good thing because my Ford dealer wants $270 for a second key. That's just for the key and cutting. Programming it is not included. That's absurd IMHO.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:54 PM
Bolder

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Learn procedure

I had the same trouble when installing mine in a 2017 xlt. It took me several tries but I finally got it. It seems like I had to do a different learn procedure on mine.

Last edited by bluejeanf150; 04-24-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:52 AM

Received 391 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by srf461
Hi Ryan and thank you for your reply. As I understand it from reading the instructions and watching others installing the device on Youtube only one key is required. Assuming that I am correct that is a good thing because my Ford dealer wants $270 for a second key. That's just for the key and cutting. Programming it is not included. That's absurd IMHO.
check a locksmith for the key also.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:03 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

These have to be flashed with the proper firmware for your vehicle before installation.
They are compatible with various vehicles, but each vehicle needs its own firmware.

Are you certain it was flashed by whoever you purchased it from?
Old 04-24-2019, 08:45 AM

Hello Josh and thank you for taking the time to reply. Can you elaborate on what you did? Did you do things differently on each of your attempts or did you just keep doing the same thing until it began working?

What I am doing is the following:
Erase procedure:
1) With all connectors removed I push the button on the module
2) I plug in the BLACK connector while keeping the button pressed. The LEDs will alternate slowly.
3) I wait until the RED LED is lit and then release the button
4) After a few seconds I press the button again. The LEDs will alternate rapidly five times. Then there will be a couple of seconds where nothing happens before the LEDs will again alternate, but more slowly. I believe that the device is now erased.

I wait until the BLUE LED is lit before releasing the button. At this point I believe that the device is ready to be programmed.

5) I now plug in the WHITE connector.
6) I put the key into the ignition and turn it to ON/RUN. The BLUE LED now goes out for a few seconds and then begins flashing rapidly.

I believe that the module is programmed at this point.

7) I then started the truck WITH THE KEY and allowed it to run for two minutes.
8) Then I attempted to start the truck using LOCK-UNLOCK-LOCK. The LEDs do some weird cycling before all go out. Then three RED flashes occur. As far as I can tell the truck's ignition never comes on.

Does any of that sound familiar?
Old 04-24-2019, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Gordy49913
check a locksmith for the key also.
Hi Gordy, I thought only Ford could make keys but I will do that. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Fix

I know this is resurrecting the thread but here I am in the beginning of 2020 having the same issue. I bought my Fortin from Accessorides.com and it’s not plug in play with the included directions. The OP is slightly correct in his list of instructions. To hopefully clear it up...

Before connecting the black cable unplug the white 5 pin connector first. Then proceed.
Later, After the solid blue light comes on plug in the white connector again.
The 2019s don’t show on/run etc but I believe I did mine in the first position NOT the second position of the key turn.

Those were the things I did differently based on this thread and Fortin’s own website for another branded truck. Working just fine now. I have not tested my second key yet.

Also NOTE: if you remote start, turn the key but don’t place the truck in gear and shut it down to leave the truck WILL turn back on. You MUST place it in gear and then park again to kill the sequence. Never heard of this and probably won’t keep it for this reason.

Last edited by Kal-El; 04-25-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Fortin EVO-ALL Remote Start Not Working