Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fords free testing feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 12:02 AM

Received 82 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Fords free testing feedback

Ok so I stretched the legs on the F150 today and drove it about 700 miles today.

There is a ton of stuff I liked. It's a great truck.

But here is some constructive criticism

Ok right out of the gate I will start with one that blows my mind how somebody didn't see this one as it is annoying as hell.

-Center console armrest stitching. They put that stitching right where your elbow rest and it is UNCOMFORTABLE. Seriously how did they test guys drive this thing for 30 minutes and not notice this??? I have attached a pic.

-I can't hardly hear the navigation speaking to me. I am sure there is a way to turn it up buy I have yet to find it.

-The ambient lighting is awesome. However the cup holder lighting is way to bright. That needs to be dimmed down big time or removed ( I may try to unplug mine.

-Speaking of that I wish we could dim down the gauges more.

-If I'm listening to a bluetooth podcast then call somebody when I hang up the podcast doesn't keep playing?

-Back up **** is in the wrong place, ie my right kneecap....

-Seat bottom (I have a Platinum) is NOT comfortable. Seriously 65k sticker and it feels like I am sitting in the bleachers.

-I want a way to cut off the key FOB and the keyless entry from popping my tailgate.

Ford please pay attention.
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 1,267 Likes on 843 Posts

You sound like you just bought your truck yet it's a year old already. Unless the picture isn't your truck. Have you tried dimming the ambient lighting? I have mine set for full and it doesn't bother me, actually I like it, but might be all the coffee in it making it dimmer.

Last edited by Livoniabob; 02-01-2016 at 06:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
XL50RoushSC (12-06-2019)
Old 02-01-2016, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

To turn up the nav volume, press the volume up or dial the **** while it is speaking directions.

It was my first wtf moment with the truck also. Not sure why they couldn't add a menu item to the nav settings for it.

Cheers
Jonathan
XL50RoushSC (12-06-2019)
Old 02-01-2016, 08:03 AM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't share a lot of your problems.. I've never noticed my elbow on the stitching maybe I'm a bigger guy but my elbow doesn't sit there.... I like the way the cup holders light up my water bottles at night and the turn by turn in my truck is fine.. if anything she talks and bings just a little to much..
I only have a lariat and my seat so far seems fine... just adding my 2cents
Wisconsin Hillbilly (02-02-2016)
Old 02-01-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzzMan
I don't share a lot of your problems.. I've never noticed my elbow on the stitching maybe I'm a bigger guy but my elbow doesn't sit there.... I like the way the cup holders light up my water bottles at night and the turn by turn in my truck is fine.. if anything she talks and bings just a little to much.. I only have a lariat and my seat so far seems fine... just adding my 2cents
I have a lariat and my cupholders dont light up at all... Is it only on the 502a?
Old 02-02-2016, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by robsonj
To turn up the nav volume, press the volume up or dial the **** while it is speaking directions.

It was my first wtf moment with the truck also. Not sure why they couldn't add a menu item to the nav settings for it.

Cheers
Jonathan
Thanks I will do it!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Livoniabob
You sound like you just bought your truck yet it's a year old already. Unless the picture isn't your truck. Have you tried dimming the ambient lighting? I have mine set for full and it doesn't bother me, actually I like it, but might be all the coffee in it making it dimmer.
I bought it in Dec. 1,200 miles on it now. The pic was not my truck.

The ambient lighting in the doors and the floor is perfect.

But that cupholder is blindingly bright for me. Ruins night vision. I like it it just needs to be dimmer. I know I can just turn it off, but how do you dim it? I know how to dim the instruments but not the ambient lighting.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:44 AM

Also when I open the door the overhead lights don't come on. How do you switch that on?

Is it set in the "police dark" mode everyone talks about?
Old 02-02-2016, 08:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Again I don't know why it defaults to this, but there is a button on the overhead console that looks like a door, press that to enable interior lighting when the door opens.

My suggestion is to download the manual in pdf format. Handier than the dead tree version for searching.

Cheers
Jonathan

Originally Posted by overpropped
Also when I open the door the overhead lights don't come on. How do you switch that on?

Is it set in the "police dark" mode everyone talks about?
Old 02-02-2016, 09:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run a lot of miles in my Lariat 502a. I never notice the stitching either. But, why did they take out the ashtray? I know it is politically incorrect for me to smoke, but right under the 4 wheel drive **** switch is a perfect place to put an ashtray. Now if I want water and coffee, I have to move my ash tray out of the cupholder, and or put the water in the back seat cupholder in back of the console. Just clumsy to reach it. I think the seats are ok in mine, but I only have a lariat.

Quick Reply: Fords free testing feedback