Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhausting question

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 02:50 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Exhausting question

I love the tone of the exhaust on my 2017 F150 Supercab XLT sport but wish it had just a little more Mustang GT sound to it. Is there a way to achieve this without going the dual exhaust thing. I see a 3 inch single to dual 3 inch outlet on ebay (item #362083468242) that's black powder coated but don't know if that will change the sound any. I like the idea of a dual black exhaust tip with this sport model truck with the black step rails and painted bumpers instead of the chrome. It's taking some getting use to since all the other trucks I've had were chrome packages. The one chrome exhaust tip seems out of place on this model is why I leaning to some type of black tip. Then going back to the sound thing I'm leaning towards the magnaflow catback system but it has dual stainless tips. Opinions please, thanks.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Doesn't matter!

Received 1,915 Likes on 867 Posts

Originally Posted by Desparodo
I love the tone of the exhaust on my 2017 F150 Supercab XLT sport but wish it had just a little more Mustang GT sound to it. Is there a way to achieve this without going the dual exhaust thing. I see a 3 inch single to dual 3 inch outlet on ebay (item #362083468242) that's black powder coated but don't know if that will change the sound any. I like the idea of a dual black exhaust tip with this sport model truck with the black step rails and painted bumpers instead of the chrome. It's taking some getting use to since all the other trucks I've had were chrome packages. The one chrome exhaust tip seems out of place on this model is why I leaning to some type of black tip. Then going back to the sound thing I'm leaning towards the magnaflow catback system but it has dual stainless tips. Opinions please, thanks.
The sound would really depend on your power plant, I have the 5.0 that doesn't need any sound enhancements. Check out some of Borla exhaust setups, they do have side exit black tip systems with a varied amount of sound clips available on their website. I have the dual exit ATAK which is the extreme sound setup and it does sound like a Mustang on steroids

https://www.f150forum.com/f78/sddesi...6/#post5939595.

Last edited by sddesigns; 11-21-2018 at 10:07 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Desparodo (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 06:16 PM
F150 Forum

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Desparodo
It shouldn't be too difficult to have the tips of any exhaust blacked out. You could have them ceramic coated locally, or we've even seen some of our customers use high temp enamel or plastidip for a cost-effective solution (not that we would personally do it).
The following users liked this post:
Desparodo (11-21-2018)

Quick Reply: Exhausting question