Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door anti theft device

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 08:29 PM

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Door anti theft device

Ever wake up in the middle of the night with the answer to something? Jimmy Jammers makes a kit to prevent punching the door latch area to gain entrance. Checked there web site for applications. None yet for the 2015- but web lady said in development.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:12 AM

Received 352 Likes on 245 Posts

Any time frame given for release? I'll be buying as soon as released.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:31 AM

Received 149 Likes on 119 Posts

Unless you have a gun in your car or keep big valuables in there what does this help? Ok so he can't get in. Still destroyed your door... Yeah yeah sticker. Something tells me they aren't reading the sticker or will call bs on it and try anyway. Either way door screwed. Now if you have valuable stuff in there that's one thing but if your doing it to keep people out its easier to not have change or cash laying out.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:39 AM

Received 80 Likes on 51 Posts

If they can't get in thru the door, what's to stop them from busting out the window? If they want in bad enough, they'll find a way. Now you have to repair the door, and replace the window. Lose, lose.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexey
Unless you have a gun in your car or keep big valuables in there what does this help? Ok so he can't get in. Still destroyed your door... Yeah yeah sticker. Something tells me they aren't reading the sticker or will call bs on it and try anyway. Either way door screwed. Now if you have valuable stuff in there that's one thing but if your doing it to keep people out its easier to not have change or cash laying out.

Yup... Effed up my door but nothing in the truck was evidently worth taking. Not even my nice LED flashlight, Ray-Bans or even my Trident chewing gum and Jack in the Box hot sauce packs...

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/truck...n-into-360779/
Old 10-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Blunt

Received 1,074 Likes on 722 Posts

Been thinking about it too since I saw that one post about the break in. I'm perplexed about how easy it is to unlock the doors with a screwdriver.

I thought about a full on plate that not only blocks access through that crevice, but surrounds the entire handle and goes out 3-4 inches around it. You would remove the handle, place the plate, and put the handle through that.

So like that, the part I made in red would be the plate on the outside. Can be color matched, or a different color so it stands out, and it would go under the handle as well.

Yeah someone could break the window, but they're not doing that because that would attract instant attention. People ignore car alarms, and the thief can get in and go through everything and be gone within the 30 seconds before the alarm goes off.

Someone approaching your truck with a screwdriver, intending to pry through and unlock the doors, would see this big plate and probably move on.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 149 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBoost
Been thinking about it too since I saw that one post about the break in. I'm perplexed about how easy it is to unlock the doors with a screwdriver. I thought about a full on plate that not only blocks access through that crevice, but surrounds the entire handle and goes out 3-4 inches around it. You would remove the handle, place the plate, and put the handle through that. So like that, the part I made in red would be the plate on the outside. Can be color matched, or a different color so it stands out, and it would go under the handle as well. Yeah someone could break the window, but they're not doing that because that would attract instant attention. People ignore car alarms, and the thief can get in and go through everything and be gone within the 30 seconds before the alarm goes off. Someone approaching your truck with a screwdriver, intending to pry through and unlock the doors, would see this big plate and probably move on.
I think your method would work best. But ugly though. For most likely not going to get attacked so it would be an expensive and ugly fix for no reason. But if you live in a high crime area. Likely a good smart fix.

Trending Topics

Old 10-14-2016, 11:21 AM
Blunt

Received 1,074 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexey
I think your method would work best. But ugly though. For most likely not going to get attacked so it would be an expensive and ugly fix for no reason. But if you live in a high crime area. Likely a good smart fix.
Yeah it would definitely need to be made to look nice and not fugly up the door. Color matched might be better, and the corners would have to have nice curves to match the handle's existing trim. But maybe it would be a good thing for it to stand out a little, maybe have a small red logo or word on it saying what it is to act as a deterrent. The problem with the Jimmi Jammer is that you can't tell it's there. So if someone tries to unlock your door, the won't notice that they can't do it until they've already done some damage. Just something I thought of. I personally don't think I would need it, but I wouldn't be opposed to installing it either.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:04 PM

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

If they want in, they will get in. That's why I have $0 deductible on comp with car rental and keep nothing of value (including gum) in the truck.

Last vehicle I had broken into (Porsche 968), I was taking the trash out and caught the perp in the act. leaning into the car. He literately s&&t in his pants when I stuck a broomstick up his a%% and told him if he moved I'd pull the trigger. He was so happy when the cops arrived and told them I was going to shoot him. And he kept talking, telling them who his fence was, where he had been breaking to vehicles, etc.

After his confessions, cops couldn't stop laughing as they told him I forgot to load ammo into that broomstick (which I had to throw out due to odor and stains).

I don't recommend using a broomstick since the perp may decide they have nothing to loose. I admit it was dumb and I was lucky.

He got 12 years ($ value of felony damage and third strike). I was given his 1 yr old Chevy pickup (court ordered title to be clear) which I put in the newspaper for sale and made a very tidy profit. Insurance covered all damages and cleaning up the interior, car rental was covered and no increase in rate.

If they want to break in, they will, even if you have a starving attack dog locked in the truck. That is why they are called stupid criminals.

Quick Reply: Door anti theft device