Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chimes/Sounds Issue - Water Leaking/Electrical Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chimes/Sounds Issue - Water Leaking/Electrical Problem?

Hey Gents,

I had a minor issue with my 2015 Lariat this morning. I think it could be an electrical problem since we have been getting a lot of rain recently here.

The symptoms:

When I first started my car up, the start up chimes that usually come from the sound system came from my steering wheel/odometer area.

When I got onto the high way and used the lane change signal, the lane change arrow/sound stuttered for the first chime. Had no issues after that. Sounded normal.

When I got to work and was backing into my spot, the warning/proximity beeps also came from my steering wheel when they normally come through my sound system.

After I was finished parking, I turned the car off and restarted it and the sound still had that issue.

An hour later, I started it up again and the sound was back to normal. The start up chimes and reverse beeps came from the sound system and not the steering wheel/odometer area.

Any thoughts? I might take her in soon for the Adaptive Cruise Control Recall and should I bother asking them to look at it? I don't mind doing a little waterproofing myself if it is a small task and easily accessible...

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Pokeguyjai; 10-01-2015 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Chimes/Sounds Issue - Water Leaking/Electrical Problem?