Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bodyshop for Hood Fit Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Bug

Received 80 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Bodyshop for Hood Fit Fix?

Yes like others I have a cockeyed hood fit. Don't know how I missed it when I picked the truck up, but I sure did. Not as bad as the pics I've seen from other posters, and no hood open/close issues, no binding, no wind whistles, but aesthetically bugs the crap out of me...

For others that had their dealership properly align their hood - anybody NOT have it done by bodyshop folks? My local dealership (not where I bought the truck) is small w/o a bodyshop, and although they have offered to 'try" to align it I'm thinking of driving the 35+ miles to a dealer with a bodyshop to get this done.

BTW, looked at all ~30 new F150 Screws on my local dealer lot to compare hood fitment / door alignment / 'dash warp' on theirs vs mine. Only 1 had hood issue similar to mine, 1 had a very slight hood fit issue, rest were fine. Only 1 had noticeable door alignment issue (only 1 door), and most of the 30 had 'dash warp' like mine (but my warp is minor and I'm not gonna have anything done unless it gets far worse)...
Old 07-27-2016, 02:32 AM

Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

I'd drive the 35 miles and let the body shop do it. They have experience and panel alignment can be harder than you think.

Quick Reply: Bodyshop for Hood Fit Fix?