Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth sync issue

Old 04-19-2017, 05:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Bluetooth sync issue

My phone recently installed a Security upgrade to the OS, and now my phone won't sync to my truck. When it tries to I get a window message on my phone saying that "Make sure that the Sync pin code says ######." First of all, it's a different number each time. And second...huh?

I also did a soft reset of Sync 3 a few days ago, but I did it once before and it never affected my Bluetooth connectivity. So all I can think of is that my recent phone update changed something.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Newt Knight; 04-19-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Send a note thanking Apple for screwing up your phone.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:58 PM

Nice try, but I'm an Android user. I hate Apple products with a passion.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:15 AM

What version of Sync are you running? I had issues after an Android update a while ago which cleared up after I updated to Ver 2.2.

As for the comment, the large majority of issues with phones have been Apple from what has been in the forum. Sorry.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 99 Likes on 64 Posts

Android user here, my advice is to first do hard power off and power on of the phone and then check it again.

If that does not work, delete the bluetooth profile off the phone and your phones profile off the radio and do power off/on restart of the phone again and re-add your phone to the radio.

This has solved 99% of phone problems I have encountered when Android patch updates are sent to my phone and/or if the radio software is updated.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Undercover Brother
Android user here, my advice is to first do hard power off and power on of the phone and then check it again.

If that does not work, delete the bluetooth profile off the phone and your phones profile off the radio and do power off/on restart of the phone again and re-add your phone to the radio.

This has solved 99% of phone problems I have encountered when Android patch updates are sent to my phone and/or if the radio software is updated.
I agree. Deleting the profile seems to fix it most of the time. I have also noticed if the device is plugged in to the USB port and Android Auto or Car Play is OFF then the phone shows up twice on the sources. Once as USB and once as Bluetooth. I have run in to issues playing music from the devices when this is the case.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Gearhead

Received 754 Likes on 434 Posts

I just went through this (covered on another recent thread). Try pulling the fuse for the Sync system (32 inside passenger compartment on 2016 's). It worked for me.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:27 PM

Well, I just went back out to my dealer and some nice lady out in the parking lot recognized me and I told her my problem and she hopped into the passenger seat and repaired the phone to the radio by deleting the profiles and repairing it. I would have never figured it out and I'm pretty good with this sort of thing.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:26 AM

Received 166 Likes on 91 Posts

almost every time I get in my truck I have to turn off BT on phone then wait a few seconds and turn it back on for it to connect. I use a Nexus 6P and every other month the security update breaks it a little more. If I connect andriod auto it connects but randomly throws a msg saying the BT device isnt responding even though its USB connected... Itrs not the truck... I have the same issue connecting my Braven pro BT speaker. have to turn off phone BT then back on to connect.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by William Maxfield
almost every time I get in my truck I have to turn off BT on phone then wait a few seconds and turn it back on for it to connect. I use a Nexus 6P and every other month the security update breaks it a little more. If I connect andriod auto it connects but randomly throws a msg saying the BT device isnt responding even though its USB connected... Itrs not the truck... I have the same issue connecting my Braven pro BT speaker. have to turn off phone BT then back on to connect.

Delete your profile(s) and start over. Also the system will only work with one Bluetooth device at a time. Both my phone and my wife's are linked but it only grabs the first on it sees. If you try to connect your speaker, it wants to drop the phone and vice versa.

Search this Thread