Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bak Industries "BakBox"

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 08:16 PM

Received 157 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Bak Industries "BakBox"

I've been slowly accessorizing my brand new 2018 XTL Sport SuperCap. I have the Bak MX4 cover. Today I saw online an accessories box that mounts all the way up under the rear window. Seems like a great place to store bungee cords, ratchet straps, rope, etc... Does anyone have one? Likes, dislikes? The only hesitation I have about it is, I often transport my quad, and I'm not sure I'd be able to close the tailgate because I wouldn't be able to get the quad all the way forward. Is the box easy to remove? Thanks guys. Also, if you have one, post up some pictures!
Old 07-06-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 118 Likes on 95 Posts

I have revolver X2 and the Bak box 2.0 in my truck. The box does not sit right at the back, mine sits about 6 to 8 inches from the back to be able to access it with revolver rolled up.
I store bungee cords, spare wiper blades etc.
Its ok, but I would not buy it again. Very limited to what can fit in it. Box is not deep enough to hold a bottle of washer fluid, etc. Side brackets take up room when box not being used. Sorry no pictures of it in my truck.
I have a few collapsible crates that I use and have more value out of them.
I am going to take mine Bak box out and sell it.
The following users liked this post:
mikeinatlanta (07-07-2018)
Old 07-07-2018, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Markc1
I have revolver X2 and the Bak box 2.0 in my truck. The box does not sit right at the back, mine sits about 6 to 8 inches from the back to be able to access it with revolver rolled up.
I store bungee cords, spare wiper blades etc.
Its ok, but I would not buy it again. Very limited to what can fit in it. Box is not deep enough to hold a bottle of washer fluid, etc. Side brackets take up room when box not being used. Sorry no pictures of it in my truck.
I have a few collapsible crates that I use and have more value out of them.
I am going to take mine Bak box out and sell it.
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:37 AM

Received 989 Likes on 485 Posts

I bought an MX4 at the beginning of June and they ran a promo to get a free Bakbox2 when you buy a MX4 cover. So, I mailed off the redemption form so I should be getting my free one in a few weeks.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2AF150GA
I bought an MX4 at the beginning of June and they ran a promo to get a free Bakbox2 when you buy a MX4 cover. So, I mailed off the redemption form so I should be getting my free one in a few weeks.
Wow good promo! If you could possibly post photos and give me some feedback on how you like it I would really appreciate it.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 989 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck22
Wow good promo! If you could possibly post photos and give me some feedback on how you like it I would really appreciate it.
Will do. Hoping I'll get it by mid August. Rebate form said 10-12 weeks to show up.
Truck22 (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 08:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have a free one coming.

It was that or $75 in 6-8 weeks.

Was an easy decision to give it a go.

Ill also give feedback when it gets here.
Truck22 (07-13-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the X4 revolver with the Bak Box 2. I really like it. It’s not truly flush with the back of the bed. It about 4-6 inches from the end of it. But I have no complaints. I use it to store common truck stuff, tool bag, ropes, ratchets set etc. And when you don’t need it down it can fold up and provide extra space. Really cool idea.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:55 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Default BakBox

I have roll cover and BakBox. I like the cover, but do not like the box. With it in use, you lose around 12" of bed space. Sheetrock would certainly slide underneath, for full length of bed. I can get a max of (3) 2x4 to fit in my bed totally diagonal. The limit is the vertical space under that BakBox. If I fold up (close) the BakBox, I get back maybe 6" of bed space as the outer and shelf sections will fold onto the back section. What I find incredibly disappointing is the garbage design for mounting to truck. You would have to shop a long time to find crappier engineering for those mounts. Getting it installed is real simple, assuming you have 3 arms and 3 hands; again due to the mount system. Would I get again ? the jury is still out, until a better solution becomes available.

Originally Posted by Truck22
I've been slowly accessorizing my brand new 2018 XTL Sport SuperCap. I have the Bak MX4 cover. Today I saw online an accessories box that mounts all the way up under the rear window. Seems like a great place to store bungee cords, ratchet straps, rope, etc... Does anyone have one? Likes, dislikes? The only hesitation I have about it is, I often transport my quad, and I'm not sure I'd be able to close the tailgate because I wouldn't be able to get the quad all the way forward. Is the box easy to remove? Thanks guys. Also, if you have one, post up some pictures!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:02 PM

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Here's my review of the Revolver X2 and BAK Box 2, which I had on my truck. I still have the X2 installed, but removed the BAK Box to make room for a cabinet I bought. On a 5.5' bed, I feel that its usefulness is hampered by taking up too much of the bed space. It sure is nice to just have all my truck stuff easy to reach, though. I went back to using a 12-gallon plastic bin to store my stuff in.

If I had the 6.5' bed on my truck, the BAK Box would be more useful and less in the way.

http://www.road-reality.com/2016/03/...and-bak-box-2/

-John

Quick Reply: Bak Industries "BakBox"