Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup camera question - previous owner removed tailgate

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 02:37 PM
My truck spends my money.

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Backup camera question - previous owner removed tailgate

Hi all, the previous owner of my 2017 XL removed the tailgate (with backup camera) and installed a camper with barn doors on the back. When the truck was traded in, the dealer put another tailgate on it without the backup camera. I’ve found the camera harness right behind the rear bumper, and every time I put the truck into reverse I get an error about the back up camera. I have the 4” screen.

Can anyone one point me to the best solution for adding the camera back? I basically need the camera/handle, and wiring to go through the tailgate to the plug behind the bumper.

I’ll go ahead and apologize if this has been answered. I’ve tried searching, but the one thing this site suffers from is an absolute overload of information. 😂. I couldn’t find any information that I was comfortable enough using, so I figured I’d ask the question directly.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-17-2019, 02:50 PM

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Pull what you need from junkyard. or found this http://www.rostra.com/2015-2016-ford...kup-camera.php
The following users liked this post:
waltamason (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 07:00 AM
My truck spends my money.

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

I see. I may do some checking around at some of the local salvage yards then. I do have a last resort if that fails. Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Backup camera question - previous owner removed tailgate