Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apple Car Play Apps

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apple Car Play Apps

I know there are apps out there like Torque for example that will display gauges on your phone to monitor your engine and what not but is there an app that is compatible with Apple Car Play? I have the 8” touch screen in my 18 f150 and if I can display gauges on the screen while having my phone connected and using the Apple Car Play that would make me extremely happy. Has anyone out there seen this yet?
Old 04-10-2019, 09:42 PM

Received 1,210 Likes on 875 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick Travica
I know there are apps out there like Torque for example that will display gauges on your phone to monitor your engine and what not but is there an app that is compatible with Apple Car Play? I have the 8” touch screen in my 18 f150 and if I can display gauges on the screen while having my phone connected and using the Apple Car Play that would make me extremely happy. Has anyone out there seen this yet?
These are the only apps for CarPlay. Scroll down.
https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

The only other option is to jailbreak your phone. Then you can do what you want.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:37 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That would be neat but it isn’t available and probably won’t be. I ended up buying the OBDLink MX + which with the app would allow me to see all of my parameters. That combined with a vent magnet mount has satisfied my wants and looks clean in the process. If you take your phone cable and poke it through the back of the usb cubby, you can run it through the dash and up near the steering column for a cleaner setup. I’ll post pics when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Apple Car Play Apps