Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have WEATHER TECH rain guards on a 2018?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 01:04 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Anyone have WEATHER TECH rain guards on a 2018?

Does anyone have Weather Tech rain guards on a 2018? Mine were installed by a weather tech authorized dealer, and the windows hit them when going up, sometime causing the auto up to stop, and send the window back down. Went back to the shop, they took them out, reinstalled them, problem is still there. Am I the only one? Anyone have problems with W.T rain guards? This is driving me nuts.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I put them on my 17 a month ago. I had the same issue initially and was not happy.

I re-read the instructions and they said to let it sit with the windows up for 24 hours, allowing everything to "equalize". Now there's no real issue. Seems to open/close normal.

Let your windows stay closed for a day or two. It will get better.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Same here; got mine installed on Saturday and I've yet to leave them alone long enough for them to settle. It's been pretty cold here; today's the first day with some real sunshine. So hopefully that'll get them pliable enough to find their happy place. When installing, the machined edges are so thin, on the first roll-up, I could hear the edges breaking off in the rear corners. Not sure if this'll have a long term effect on them or not. Might just need to try again in the summer if they don't settle out.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:15 PM

I left mine sit for days without opening the window, and still have problems. I am going to look into a return, and pick another brand. Very disappointed with Weather Tech on this..
Old 02-27-2018, 06:18 PM

Received 117 Likes on 88 Posts

There is a calibration you are supposed to do on the auto close also.

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Restoring the One-Touch Up Functionality
Note: Perform one-touch up re-calibration with the door closed.
Calibrating with the door open will cause the window to continuously
bounce back.
Functionality may be lost under low battery power conditions.
To reset this function after restoring full battery power:
1. Pull the switch to the one-touch up position.
2. Hold the switch until the glass reaches the stall position and continue
to hold for two seconds.
3. Press the switch down and operate the window to the full down
position. One-touch up will now be functional.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:13 PM

Received 391 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by bucksandtrucks
Does anyone have Weather Tech rain guards on a 2018? Mine were installed by a weather tech authorized dealer, and the windows hit them when going up, sometime causing the auto up to stop, and send the window back down. Went back to the shop, they took them out, reinstalled them, problem is still there. Am I the only one? Anyone have problems with W.T rain guards? This is driving me nuts.
I had them on my 2015, I installed them per the directions, recalibrated the window operation. Every once in a while the windows would still bounce back and it would always be at the most inconvenient time, pouring rain, etc. Then I enabled global windows and found I could not walk away from the truck, I had to stay close enough to make sure the windows would close and stay closed. So I finally yanked them out. I even trimmed plastic and did get them to work much better, but then they we're to loose. Have not replaced them yet, but will be stick on ones.
The following users liked this post:
bucksandtrucks (02-27-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 06:03 PM

Received 555 Likes on 380 Posts

I have the AVS in channels on my 18 and they dont even make it up without hitting the corners of the visors. When i first installed them i had to have a friend pull them from the outside and once closed i left it for almost a week. Tried them last night and sure enough they do the same thing and i ended up cracking one when the window hit it. Ive always had the stick ons but wanted a cleaner look but it looks like i might be going back to stick on
bucksandtrucks (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 428 Likes on 293 Posts

I don't believe there's any difference between 2017 and 18 regarding doors and window. I've had WT rain guards installed on my 2017 since last august and they've worked almost flawless. Perhaps once or twice they kicked the window backdown when it was on auto up but that's EXTREMELY rare so something must be different? What's strange is I had them on my 2012 and they did make the windows kick down many times? I can only think there might be slight manufacturing tolerance differences when the product is made. Honestly the windows on my 2017 work excellent with the in track WT rain guards. I was a little concerned because of my experience with my 2012 Lariat SCREW but these have been almost perfect.........

bucksandtrucks (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 09:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rain guards

Originally Posted by bucksandtrucks
I don't have a 2018, I have a 2016 but have the same issue. Not real crazy about them, but kinda stuck with for now. I'll get rid of them when it pisses me off enough lol , and buy a differant brand
Old 03-01-2018, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by bulletman
I don't have a 2018, I have a 2016 but have the same issue. Not real crazy about them, but kinda stuck with for now. I'll get rid of them when it pisses me off enough lol , and buy a differant brand
Looks like I'll be returning mine next week, and going with basic stick-ons. I love weather tech products, but these rain guards are a big thumbs down!

Quick Reply: Anyone have WEATHER TECH rain guards on a 2018?