Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to find *which* dealer has "extended inventory" truck?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 11:52 PM

Received 167 Likes on 103 Posts

Default Any way to find *which* dealer has "extended inventory" truck?

When using the Ford inventory search with a particular zip code, it will show you what vehicles are at the dealer selected, or allow you to switch to a small selection of different nearby dealers, or show you what is in 'extended inventory' in a much larger area than just those nearby dealers.

Problem is the on-line stickers no longer show the 'ship to: dealer' info, and in a major metro area like Denver, there are dozens of Ford dealers within a few hour drive, and without trying lots of different zip codes so different local dealers are selected, it's hard to figure out exactly *which* dealer has the specific vehicle you spotted in extended inventory...

Anybody know if the actual dealer is coded into the window sticker or an easier way to find a particular truck's dealer in a large metro area?

I realize that dealers frequently 'trade' for trucks, but there is some advantage to negotiating directly with the sales manager or GM who actually has the truck you want to buy sitting on his lot... Ford clearly wants to avoid this and funnel you through your 'local' dealer even if they have crappy inventory.

Last edited by pfbz; 03-05-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:20 AM

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the same issue this morning actually. Used fords website to find exactly what I wanted, found a window sticker for a "dealer ordered" truck. But no destination... So I googled its VIN and the dealership and city popped up! Called the dealership and asked for its ETA. Hope this helps you.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by B3205
I had the same issue this morning actually. Used fords website to find exactly what I wanted, found a window sticker for a "dealer ordered" truck. But no destination... So I googled its VIN and the dealership and city popped up! Called the dealership and asked for its ETA. Hope this helps you.
Yup, tried the google VIN # workaround already... Works for some vin's, not others. Basically only works if the local dealer keeps their own website very current...
Old 03-06-2015, 12:47 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Track it in cotus I did for several dealer ordered trucks. wwwqa.cotus.ford.com
The following users liked this post:
pfbz (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 12:53 AM

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by brettdanger
Track it in cotus I did for several dealer ordered trucks. wwwqa.cotus.ford.com
That is a better suggestion. 👍
Old 03-06-2015, 01:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Try Autotrader. If you use the advanced search option you can get close to the basic idea of what you're looking for and use the vin to see exactly what's in the vehicle. Dealer information is in the Autotrader ad. You can search by radius up to nationwide.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by brettdanger
Track it in cotus... wwwqa.cotus.ford.com
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.

Also tells me how far along the "dealer ordered" trucks are...

Quick Reply: Any way to find *which* dealer has "extended inventory" truck?