Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Booster in front bench?

Old 03-06-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Booster in front bench?

Hi guys,
Looking to pick up a 2015 xlt with bench seat up front.
I have four little ones and the oldest is still only 5
Plan was to get the xlt ( great deals right now up in canada) with the bench so I can put 3 car seats in the back and a booster in the middle bench up front.

I looked into it with the dealership and online with the government safely websites
Seems that it possible to do so but I wanted to check with you guys for any advice or opinions.
I know it's not ideal but since this won't be my only vehicle I thought it would be a nice option when I do need to drive the whole family around.

Read somewhere that if you put a child in the front seat you have to turn the front air bag off where the child is seated. If I put the booster in the middle of the front bench there doesn't seem to be an airbag to manually turn off. At least that's what the dealership says.

Anyone doing this right now?
Thanks!
Old 03-06-2015, 05:21 PM

Received 315 Likes on 239 Posts

Should work fine. I don't think there are latch points in the front middle seat, but using the seatbelt to anchor (with the little H clip) booster. Same thing you would do if you had a single cab truck.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Booster in front bench?