Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm & Security how does it work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Alarm & Security how does it work?

I just got a 2015 lariat a couple of days ago,My neighbor said the alarm was going off last night. I've been on the site trying to figure out how the new alarm system works and can't seem to find it out. My manual under alarms page 73 refers me to page 105 and page 105 refers me back to page 73.
When I shut of my truck it says all alarms on or I can change to perimeter alarm, What's the difference?
From what I have read so far it has little sensors in the over head for motion.Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks
Old 09-06-2015, 03:56 PM

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fordtrk
I just got a 2015 lariat a couple of days ago,My neighbor said the alarm was going off last night. I've been on the site trying to figure out how the new alarm system works and can't seem to find it out. My manual under alarms page 73 refers me to page 105 and page 105 refers me back to page 73.
When I shut of my truck it says all alarms on or I can change to perimeter alarm, What's the difference?
From what I have read so far it has little sensors in the over head for motion.Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks
All alarms is the perimeter and the inside motion alarms.

Perimeter alarms goes off if your truck is bumped with some force, glass is broken, an attempted tow and such.

All alarms adds the motion detection. If you leave a person or animal in the truck with all armed they will set off the alarm with movement. I learned this the hard way at a quick rest stop when the family wanted to stay in the truck. This is useful if your windows are left down on a hot day. If someone were to reach in while armed the alarm will function.

I leave all alarms set unless the wife or family pooch stay behind.
The following users liked this post:
fordtrk (09-07-2015)
Old 09-07-2015, 06:10 AM

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks, I will be installing the remote module for the cell phone start and I have to add the vss module for vibration also. This helps me to understand what is already installed.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the information. I would also like to know do you have to push the lock button on the key fob twice to arm it,or can you just touch the button on the outside on the door handle to have it do the same.
Old 09-07-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 620 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by studlygt500
Thanks for the information. I would also like to know do you have to push the lock button on the key fob twice to arm it,or can you just touch the button on the outside on the door handle to have it do the same.
It's actually not a button on the outside of the door handle, it's just a sensor to get the lock signal from the keyfob, so all you have to do it touch it with the keyfob in your pocket. Yes, this will lock all doors, and set the alarm.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:34 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Takeda
It's actually not a button on the outside of the door handle, it's just a sensor to get the lock signal from the keyfob, so all you have to do it touch it with the keyfob in your pocket. Yes, this will lock all doors, and set the alarm.

Yea I guess the word sensor would be better to use other then button. Thanks for the reply

Quick Reply: Alarm & Security how does it work?