Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding factory Nav

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 06:57 AM

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Adding factory Nav

Is it possible to add factory nav to a 2016 Lariat ? The dealer says yes, with a module for the factory setup. Anyone hear of this?
Old 06-08-2016, 07:02 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/addin...r-fact-286542/
Old 06-08-2016, 09:57 AM

Received 600 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by paperhanger
Is it possible to add factory nav to a 2016 Lariat ? The dealer says yes, with a module for the factory setup. Anyone hear of this?
You need a new APIM and programming. You're looking around 800 for the job at wholesale prices assuming 1 hr of programming at 120.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It looks like from the replies above that it is possible to add the factory nav to your truck. However, as someone who has a 2016 Lariat with the factory nav, I would recommend that you not spend the money on it. The nav in my truck is unable to find 7-8 out of 10 addresses that I look for. It is an absolutely useless system.

I tried to find a friends new address in Austin this weekend and the nav didn't know that the street existed, and his house was built in early 2014. Another time in the New Orleans area I was looking for a house in a suburban neighborhood that has been around for 25 years and it showed that the street didn't exist. After guessing every suburb name in the area the nav found it, but I had to look for it under New Orleans, LA. This house is way out in the suburbs and does not have a New Orleans address.

I'd say save your money and wait for the Car Play update later this year. This way you can just use Apple Maps as an on screen nav system. Apple found every one of the addresses that I have not been able to find on the Ford Nav system so I was able to get where I was going, but it really pisses me off every time I have to use the iPhone knowing that I paid good money for the factory nav system.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:50 PM

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by TX150
It looks like from the replies above that it is possible to add the factory nav to your truck. However, as someone who has a 2016 Lariat with the factory nav, I would recommend that you not spend the money on it. The nav in my truck is unable to find 7-8 out of 10 addresses that I look for. It is an absolutely useless system.

I tried to find a friends new address in Austin this weekend and the nav didn't know that the street existed, and his house was built in early 2014. Another time in the New Orleans area I was looking for a house in a suburban neighborhood that has been around for 25 years and it showed that the street didn't exist. After guessing every suburb name in the area the nav found it, but I had to look for it under New Orleans, LA. This house is way out in the suburbs and does not have a New Orleans address.

I'd say save your money and wait for the Car Play update later this year. This way you can just use Apple Maps as an on screen nav system. Apple found every one of the addresses that I have not been able to find on the Ford Nav system so I was able to get where I was going, but it really pisses me off every time I have to use the iPhone knowing that I paid good money for the factory nav system.
Very good advice!!!! A $150-$300 Garman is hard to beat with lifetime map updates.

Quick Reply: Adding factory Nav