Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018 Seat Question

I stuck my hand behind the rear seat on the 2018 SCREW Lariat, searching for the latch and pin to pull the seat down. I found the cage (metal frame) but the object that felt like where the pin should be also felt like it had a washer or some other object as part of it. There was nothing to grip with the fingertips. Has anyone else struggled with folding the the 2018 rear seats forward? Did Ford change the design or are there any special tricks? — I've seen a few YouTube videos demonstrating how it should be done (but on older models).
Old 02-22-2018, 02:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Its there but not the pin you are feeling, I struggled and finally angled my head enough to see behind the seat and saw it, not easy to grab. The driver side is really not meant to fold down all the time so they did not put a strap on it. This thread shows a good pictures of the latch, the pin is on the seat side.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:09 AM

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

I made a loop out of picture hanging wire around the pin and Velcro 'd it in place for easy access.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Success!

Originally Posted by TKat13
Its there but not the pin you are feeling, I struggled and finally angled my head enough to see behind the seat and saw it, not easy to grab. The driver side is really not meant to fold down all the time so they did not put a strap on it. This thread shows a good pictures of the latch, the pin is on the seat side.
It was there and as all the pictures and videos suggest - thanks. My head is too big to peek behind and the phone camera only did so much.

It turns out I was an inch or so lower than I needed to be, I think I was touching at the bracket (and pin) on the cab wall. Surprising because I knew to run my hand down the seat and still made the mistake.

Once my finger located it, which took 15 seconds after this restored confidence, it was a really easy open. Just pull the pin towards the driver side window (not up toward the ceiling) and quick release. No pain or otherwise.

I could see why Ford didn’t waste time/energy/$ installing something more accomodating. It’s not frequently used and easy to open once you know how... but I’ll be adding some sort of pull strap hack as well. This will be a nice DIY project.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts
Default The fix:

https://www.builtrightind.com/produc...r-seat-release
The following users liked this post:
TKat13 (02-22-2018)

Quick Reply: 2018 Seat Question