Topic Sponsor
2015 - 2020 Ford F150 General discussion on the 13th generation Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 - Loose Door Handle - Rear Passenger Door

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 04:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2016 - Loose Door Handle - Rear Passenger Door

Hi All,

This is a leased truck, but I want to try and rectify this W/OUT taking it to the dealer. This year, I've already dealt with the frozen door latch, so I had this in 2x to get it fixed. I was w/out my truck for around 6 days for all of this, so I'd rather not waste my time and gas............as well as be w/out a truck again for a day or two just to fix this.

Not sure how this came loose (my guess is a bad tightening job @ the dealer when it was getting the recall fixed), but can I just take the door panel off and tighten a bolt up? I'm assuming there is a bolt on the backside of this to keep it tight. As you can see from my pics, flush is when I'm pushing it in. Normally its out just a bit, so water could eventually work its way in there.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:25 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey, yes you can remove the interior door panel and there are 3 nuts holding it on. 2 on the back side inside the door and 1 inside the door jam underneath the black cap looking thing. Hope this helps
Old 04-19-2019, 08:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Shane! I figured there probably was a bolt or 2 behind there. We actually ended up going to the dealer today, and were getting out of this 2016 and into a new 2019 XLT Sport. Pretty Excited! I'll post some pics here tomorrow .
Old 04-19-2019, 09:33 PM

No worries. Right on! Congrats.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane-o-mac4
Hey, yes you can remove the interior door panel and there are 3 nuts holding it on. 2 on the back side inside the door and 1 inside the door jam underneath the black cap looking thing. Hope this helps
Is there a guide to removing the rear door panel? I'm on mobile and am having a hard time navigating through the search results on this forum.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by BoostedCompression
Is there a guide to removing the rear door panel? I'm on mobile and am having a hard time navigating through the search results on this forum.
Here is the YouTube video I watched that helped a lot. If you have any questions afterwards, let me know and I'll try and help.

The following users liked this post:
BoostedCompression (05-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 10:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shane-o-mac4
Here is the YouTube video I watched that helped a lot. If you have any questions afterwards, let me know and I'll try and help.

https://youtu.be/DCEIE8oEzr4
Thank you so much! I've got a mysterious rattle that's intermittent coming from my driver's side door, and rather than drop it off for service, I figure I'd take a look myself. And just tape everything up / add in some foam buffers as needed.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by BoostedCompression
Thank you so much! I've got a mysterious rattle that's intermittent coming from my driver's side door, and rather than drop it off for service, I figure I'd take a look myself. And just tape everything up / add in some foam buffers as needed.
There ya go. That works. I have one coming from my driver door and need to take it all apart again lol

Quick Reply: 2016 - Loose Door Handle - Rear Passenger Door