Topic Sponsor
Painting and Body Work Discuss any body work or painting issues here.

how would i fix the bottom of my door panels

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default how would i fix the bottom of my door panels

HI guys, just wondering if there's a quick, easy fix(or fairly inexpensive fix) for the bottom of my door panels....rockers are fine but the paint is lifting on all 4 doors on the very bottom and goes up about 2 inches on all of em and is starting to rust inside and out on said bottom.......i was thinking maybe sanding and some trim? any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

First of all the lifting paint all rust. You need to sand it off with 6o grit sandpaper the apply some Rustoleum rust inhibitor, the primer it. As far a finish you can get most colors in Dupli-color Auto paint. Don't try and blend it mask a straight line about 1" above the repair and paint it. OR you can use some strips of aluminum diamond plate if it's too bad. If the truck is a dark color paint the repair satin black. Pics would be helpful.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc D
First of all the lifting paint all rust. You need to sand it off with 6o grit sandpaper the apply some Rustoleum rust inhibitor, the primer it. As far a finish you can get most colors in Dupli-color Auto paint. Don't try and blend it mask a straight line about 1" above the repair and paint it. OR you can use some strips of aluminum diamond plate if it's too bad. If the truck is a dark color paint the repair satin black. Pics would be helpful.
okay thank you....ill post some pics tomorrrow...btw its a red truck

Quick Reply: how would i fix the bottom of my door panels