Topic Sponsor
Painting and Body Work Discuss any body work or painting issues here.

Horrible!! Scratched paint !! But I ordered original "paint pen" from Ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible!! Scratched paint !! But I ordered original "paint pen" from Ford

Dear friends and lovers of this wonder truck.

Nice to write from South America. Here Ford has done a great job in positioning trucks and cars built in US as top seller (before that, around 97, the importer / dealer was terrible until FMC directly started to market the brand.
Before that, they brought Mercosur (lower Quality Fords from Argentina, etc)

Got a month ago my F150 XLT and when parked on under building parked, made a scratch on J7 code color , metallic pāint !
Horror. Just the day before I bought the original Motorcraft paint pen (USD $18) . How can I restore and repair the scratch?
Hereīs a picture... Any suggestions?

No dent or metal damaged, just the paint.

Painted black as I wait for pen to arrive.

This is the bottle I bought :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-2017-Fo...JY~lU5&vxp=mtr

Solution 2:

My trusted paint and body shop would charge me USD $130 for painting the whole side and keeping obviously the FX4 sticker...

Sorry for the dust and mud, itīs raining here ... (Winter)---

Thanks...

Last edited by Ernesto Villafonte; 05-24-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:07 AM
'97 F150 V8 4.6L

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Metallics are about impossible to touch up to look good in direct lighting. With a solid color you stand a chance, build it up inside the scratch and color sand. It just depends what you find acceptable. For $130 I'd say that's a bargain for a repaint. Hard to believe it would be a good job but it's probably different down there.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:11 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

That might actually be paint from the other vehicle or object that rubbed off onto your paint. I would wash thoroughly and try a mild polish or scratch remover compound. Gently polish and see if it begins to go away.

My mother was convinced she needed a paint job on her car a few years ago. I was able to rub/polish off all of the foreign paint that was stuck on her paint. Looked like new when I was done.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 434 Likes on 291 Posts

A touch up pen won't do a very good job on that. I would be skeptical of the quality of a $130 repair.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with the others, if you can get it fixed for $130, it is a no brainer. I just dont see how someone can charge so little.