Topic Sponsor
Painting and Body Work Discuss any body work or painting issues here.

2001 SuperCrew floor pan!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 SuperCrew floor pan!

I'm new to this site, but figured i could get some better answers out of it. I have a 2001 f150 supercrew, and i live in upstate new york. It's a solid truck, but the rust under the cab is the worst part. The rocker panels are pretty much gone, and the floor pan is rusted out too. Whoever had this teuck before me didn't take very good care of it. I can get replacement rocker panels, the floor pan is the problem. I've looked everywhere, and i can not for the life of me find a replacement floor pan for a truck that size! Any ideas? Please post links if you have them, and what you did to solve if you've experienced. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you considered junkyards? salvage yards?

As much work as involved with welding in floors, I might suggest a cab replacement? I know I would, as I have put in too many floor pans in numerous vehicles, but never a truck, always switched cabs. unless just welded a couple patch panels in floorboard.

as for salvage yards, you will probably end up having to buy a cab, and cutting the floor you need out yourself, but some yards will cut out what you need, do some searching online & maybe find a salvage yard across country out west, that may have a rust free floor, and sell it & ship it. grayhound sometimes will ship odd large items cheaper than more conventional ways, no idea if they would ship a floor? but always worth asking.

Later,
Randy
The following users liked this post:
Jkirk (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Swapping cabs sounds like a good idea, but i can never find an 01 supercrew parting out that still has the cab. That'd be best just because all the rockers would already be attached.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a very quick search using automix.net and saw a few cab assemblies for sale. upper $600 to $1,000 some with included shipping.

if you do your homework & really search the net hard. maybe look for salvage yards in perhaps California, Arizona, etc, without rust, & inquire about shipping & seing if they can find a rust free cab through their connections there.

Later,
Randy
Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 AM

Alright, thanks a bunch!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Another good website is www.car-part.com they allow you to search junk yards even nationally to find what you are looking for. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2001 SuperCrew floor pan!