Topic Sponsor
5.0L Discuss the 5.0L engine here.

strange noise fron down under

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy strange noise fron down under

Hi Everyone...just joined this forum to hopefully get an answer about a "strange noise" issue with my 1994 F150, 5 liter rear wheel drive...I tow a mini donut trailer behind this baby. never had a problem in the last 6 years...this year I noticed a noise it started making when accelerating up to about 30 - 40 km then it stops...it's started making it a tiny bit when I'm not towing now, if I start out on a hill...so its getting worse, it started in June...The heavier the load in the trailer the noisier and more often it happens...I've had the truck looked at by 2 different mechanics...one put up on a hoist an a complete inspection made and everything was tight and in good shape I was told... next one told me the same and we're going to take the wheels off next to see if we can find something there....the noise is super hard to describe, it's like a sound of bending metal in a cartoon, a rattling, kind of sound...it goes faster the quicker you go but as soon as you take your foot off the gas it stops...and also stops when you''ve picked up speed to 50 to 60 mpg....Hopefully someone out there has a solution for me...it's driving me niuts I want it fixed but can't find what to fix! Thanks All

Last edited by traceyagodfrey; 08-31-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: strange noise fron down under