Topic Sponsor
4.6L 2V Discuss the 2 valve 4.6L here.

Issue with a misfire

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with a misfire

I have an issue where at highway speeds, where I drive my 02 f150 super-cab 4.6l and it'll shift, but if I need to hold the speed steady and it's at low rpm in that gear, it jumps and stutters. Then when I press the gas a little it won't really move much at all, and then eventually after pressing more it'll jump and go. Seemed like a clogged injector so I did all 8 with remanned Bosch ones and a new fuel filter. Seemed to fix the issue, however a week later I drove 200 miles and the issue seems to be back. I've checked for leaks with the injectors and all and it all seems good and sealed. What else could be my issue now? I would think a vacuum leak could be the culprit. Maybe a clogged catalytic converter? Maybe something else. Any help on the subject would be great. It's a ford, so it still drives and won't die, just need the issue sorted so she's happy again. Bought it a few months back with a ton of work needed. I had new brakes all around done, the EGR tube, drivers side exhaust manifold, the number one coil pack which the previous owner said has gone bad and been replaced 2 times. Along with that, new injectors, fuel filter, and that's about all. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Issue with a misfire