Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Ugly Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 07:54 PM
3 Fords and Counting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Ugly Headlights

So I've got an 8th Gen F150 that I've spent some time getting the way I wanted (Paint, Chrome, Line-X, etc...) but in my opinion there will always be one thing that still brings the truck down... those ugly *** headlights that come on the 8th Gens. I hate them with a passion and kinda wish my parents, which bought the truck brand new when I was a child, would've just waited another year or two for the 9th Gen. However, seeing as how I don't really wanna part with my truck, has anybody seen any aftermarket headlights that actually look good for the 8th Gen? Clear, smoked, clear corners, anything? I'll post of the truck as well so that you get a good idea of what I'm talking about if you don't know the 8th Gen. Any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated because like I said I hate how they look now.
Attached Thumbnails Ugly Headlights-img_20110530_145055.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Jeremy Bowers (05-24-2019)
Old 06-19-2011, 07:56 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

you know i think you can convert the front end to the 9th gen it will cost some cash but will be worth it if you love your truck
Old 06-19-2011, 08:01 PM
3 Fords and Counting

Hmmm hadn't really thought of that. That would be awesome too. Any ideas on how to go about that?
Old 06-19-2011, 08:05 PM
We'd do it

Received 449 Likes on 402 Posts

Hood, cowl, headlights and blinkers, fenders, radiator support, bumper, grill and lower filler panel.

I like that (my) body style and almost take offense to your comments.

Clear corners are out there but hard to find. There is the upper trim level lights that have chrome surrounds.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:06 PM
lost my Car again...

go to the junk yard and get a front clip the fenders hood grille,grille suport headlights grille and the little piece under the grille the body lines are simmilar so the fenders should just bolt right up with maybe some new holes the rest should just bolt on too. I beleve someone on this forum alredy had done one. you might need to move some things around a but but still wouldn't be that hard if you have time.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM
3 Fords and Counting

Originally Posted by Just call me Sean
Hood, cowl, headlights and blinkers, fenders, radiator support, bumper, grill and lower filler panel.

I like that (my) body style and almost take offense to your comments.

Clear corners are out there but hard to find. There is the upper trim level lights that have chrome surrounds.
Lol don't get me wrong, I love my truck a lot and love the body lines of the 8th Gen's, I just hate the headlights that much that swapping to a 9th Gen setup would almost be worth it to get rid of them. However, you mentioned the clear corners, that would actually be my first choice but I've never actually seen any. Other than the general Ebay route, you got any ideas of where to possibly find some.

Originally Posted by TheCollector
go to the junk yard and get a front clip the fenders hood grille,grille suport headlights grille and the little piece under the grille the body lines are simmilar so the fenders should just bolt right up with maybe some new holes the rest should just bolt on too. I beleve someone on this forum alredy had done one. you might need to move some things around a but but still wouldn't be that hard if you have time.
Ok thanks man, I'll have to check and see if I can find a thread on that.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM
lost my Car again...

Google them and waid through until you find a non eBay site? check lmc they have some nice after market lights in there like euro headlights.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:15 PM
3 Fords and Counting

I actually just found another thread that had all the answers, should've searched the site ahead of time I guess. Thanks for the input though guys.

https://www.f150forum.com/f10/91-cle...-lights-57057/
Old 06-20-2011, 02:08 AM

Received 112 Likes on 109 Posts

What I would really like is an upgrade on the headlights. The plastic ford used haze over so easily. And the pattern on the lens shatters the light when you upgrade the bulbs.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:44 AM
GIGGITY

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

LMC trucks has clears. They look nice

Quick Reply: Ugly Headlights