Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Replacement Panels - Where To Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 AM

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Default Replacement Panels - Where To Buy?

So I have a few rusted out areas that I want to replace... both rear wheel arches, and that little panel between the end of the front wheel arch and where the door begins (don't know the term for it). It's bad. 16 Mass winters and a few years of sitting around has these spots looking very rough (or somewhat nonexistent).

Where have you guys ordered replacement panels from in the past?? I just want to get good quality replacement panels and not have to replace them again 5 years down the road. I can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for on the fordparts.com site.

LMC seems to have the best catalog, and I've looked at everything that I need in that catalog and tried finding the same parts elsewhere on the internet. LMC seems like my only option at the moment, but I'm worried about the quality as I've seen people on other forums mention the "made in India/China/etc." Any other places out there that sell these patches that anyone here has dealt with??

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

i buy all my panels from junkyards, but i dont live in the rust belt. if your near a state where they dont use salt it would be worth the drive to get new panels.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

your other option is national parts depot

npdlink.com
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by 4wheeldevil
your other option is national parts depot

npdlink.com
Oh yeah, I was looking there last week. Their catalog annoyed the hell out of me though so I didn't get too far with it. I'll have to re-check when I have the patience haha. Have you ever gotten anything from them?

Also, thanks for the input Cam. It's worth a shot to check out the junkyards so I'll make some time for that. That got me thinking though. I have family out in Arizona and North Carolina that I can have check out some stuff.

Any other sites to order from? Or more importantly, personal experiences with the sites? I just don't want to slap a chinese piece of junk on my truck.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Dodge+Ford = always ready

Received 112 Likes on 110 Posts

one person on here rebuilt his f150 from LMC and he said the panels were as good as you can get without going to a yard and pulling panels off another rig.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

no not yet. i havent had the funds to do all the body repairs that mine needs. but i search npd and lmc just to keep up on the prices. if your having trouble just use the search option.

i just ordered some shock towers from bronco graveyard. not only did i get the parts in 3 days they turned out to be NOS parts.

i have also been looking into fiberglass fenders they seem to be about the same price as new metal ones.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used LMC
Old 06-02-2012, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

my body guy uses this company. his shop dies high quality work, so im guessing between that, and the price difference of lmc, that they are higher quality

http://www.shermanparts.com/ecat/bas...FDPU&year=1994
Old 06-02-2012, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by VoidbioV
I've used LMC
How was the service and quality of the parts? This is my Grandfather's truck so I want it to be good if I'm replacing all of this.

The truck has been sitting a few years, but we'll probably fire her up this week so I can hopefully start ordering everything.

Again, thanks for the responses everyone. It really helps! I'll have to check out those other sites tomorrow after work.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Boiler Maker

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonBruins

How was the service and quality of the parts? This is my Grandfather's truck so I want it to be good if I'm replacing all of this.

The truck has been sitting a few years, but we'll probably fire her up this week so I can hopefully start ordering everything.

Again, thanks for the responses everyone. It really helps! I'll have to check out those other sites tomorrow after work.
I've used their panels in my recent restoration. Pretty good fit, finish!

Quick Reply: Replacement Panels - Where To Buy?