Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Hydraulic Clutch Line

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic Clutch Line

Hello, I am working on installing a clutch kit and slave cylinder on a 1995 F-150 300 I-6.Ford's are sort of unfamiliar territory for me so I thought I might ask advice.I made a mistake that I am just noticing and I am not sure how to proceed.I bought an NOS Sachs slave cylinder sh6024 which does not have the cut outs for the c clip that helps hold the hydraulic line into the slave connector (picture attached) like the previous slave had.This leaves only the plastic grommet to lock the line into the slave.Did Ford change the design because of an unsafe condition or failure in the locking system? Will it be safe to place this old truck back into service with just that plastic grommet holding? Anyone who is familiar with this job knows the entire thing will have to come apart again to change to an updated slave cylinder.Your advice appreciated.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:42 PM

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,490 Posts

That's for the ZF trans, but you didn't say what your truck has. Put all its details into your signature:

(phone app link)

Quick Reply: Hydraulic Clutch Line