Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Got in a wreck.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 08:08 PM

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Got in a wreck.....

well yesterday I had someone pull out in front of me to turn left while I was going through my green light.... we hit in the middle of the intercection but almost stopped.... but not quite..... hoping they won't total my truck due to age and mileage cause it's in great shape still even at 253,000.... but we shall see
Old 06-16-2017, 07:18 AM

Received 260 Likes on 190 Posts

If it was the other person fault, I wouldn't let them total it. With the miles you have, they will probably give you a $500 check . Looks like light damage on your truck. Just use it as an excuse to rebuild your steering parts
Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 AM

It was their fault, and I don't plan on letting them take it. I was soon going to replace my tie rods and ball joints anyway, I've already done my bushings up front. So that's a plus. And for now I may live with the body damage, I planned on painting it soon anyway. And the body damage isn't that bad, especially compared to his lol
Old 06-18-2017, 07:51 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Your truck looks much better than the other one. My insurance company would not give me full coverage because of the age, 1995. He explained I didn't want them to total it for a small amount of damage.

Originally Posted by Brandon587
It was their fault, and I don't plan on letting them take it. I was soon going to replace my tie rods and ball joints anyway, I've already done my bushings up front. So that's a plus. And for now I may live with the body damage, I planned on painting it soon anyway. And the body damage isn't that bad, especially compared to his lol
Old 06-19-2017, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn54
Your truck looks much better than the other one. My insurance company would not give me full coverage because of the age, 1995. He explained I didn't want them to total it for a small amount of damage.
True. I would hate for my insurance company to 'total' my truck in a 'fender bender' wreck. That's why I don't have 'full coverage' insurance on my truck
Old 07-04-2017, 12:50 AM

So truck is not totaled! They cut me a $1500 check. My bumper and fender isn't even scratched, just has the chevys paint on it lol. So I can buff it out and leave it. Today after work I had about two hours to tear the front end down to the hub, now all I have to do is remove the ball joints themselves. Removed all my tie rods and all. But out of town until late tomorrow so it's on hold. Gonna replace my tie rods, draglink, ball joints, blah blah blah. Then my entire front end will be new including the differential and I built and defeated last year. Ball joints are original and are not at all bad for 253,000 miles, nearly no play. Same for tie rods, but they have a little. Also I'm gonna replace my intermediate shaft as it does have a bit of play. About three years ago I replaced my steering box with a redhead unit and couldn't have been happier, so I am expecting a very nice and tight front end after this. Also going to replace rear leaf spring bushings. Then all suspension bushings will be new on the entire truck with polys! I have done rear and front sway bar bushings, pivoit beam
Bushings, and radius arm bushings on it. After this I will replace my headlights and comer markers along with trim. Then I will aligne it at work. Thinking about trying out the radius arm bushings along with my ballpoint adjustable bushings to get my alignment better. With my f250 front coils my right side caster is correct, but camber is a little out. Maybe those will help. I will see. Oh and I'm finally gonna get that $200 clock spring for my truck so
I have a horn and cruise again! Lol
Old 07-04-2017, 12:55 AM

Old 07-04-2017, 08:36 AM

Happy to hear everything is working out for you. Looking good
Old 07-04-2017, 12:16 PM

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2017, 10:03 PM

Well got the truck back together. Some interesting things happened. Someone stole one of my rolls I accidentally left outside, so one side is now riding on my 28 inch tire vs my 32s lol. Also everything went together pretty well, except for one thing. I was turning my from driveshaft and noticed my passenger axle I joint at the slip yoke was catching the beam. Then noticed on down the tube it running the front of the beam. I'm thinking my driver side may be bent back a little bit, visually it looks ok but I will have to measure it. I'll also check out brackets and re measure my frame to be sure, but I'm thinking driver side beam and radius arm may be in the future. Love to bounce ideas off you guys, I'll get pics. Whatcha think?