Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Getting back to my project.. interior first

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Getting back to my project.. interior first

I always pop in and out of here. Never to finish any of the projects I want to get done. Mainly due to financial issues and the fact that my truck was my daily. But I'm back, got a new job working on a desert race team prepping trophy trucks full time. I have since gotten a new cr and can finally set my truck aside for some much needed love and care. Instead of trying to throw money into a truck I can't stand to drive, I've decided that I'm going to make it better to drive starting with the interior. As of right now, I have pulled the carpet and most plastic trim and am getting ready to pull the headliner. Next step is to pull the dash and get everything 100% clean and fix my hvac problems. I'm going to be putting the money down for some new door panels. I'm going to pressure washer my carpet while it's out and scrub the back seat. I bought a parts truck for $40 the other day. The only salvageable pieces were glass, seat and other small trim pieces so I'll be putting the split bench that I got in my truck. Anyway, have some progress photos.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. Love to see how this goes.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi,
Sort of curious why not just a new carpet?

I guess it depends on what you are looking for, in the end, and the old carpet may....

Bounce back well, after a cleaning, but???
Old 03-16-2017, 07:48 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

I thought the same thing about my carpet but some super clean and a pressure washer made it look brand new.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:15 PM

I thought about new carpet but in my opinion, even if it doesn't get fully clean, which it didn't, I'm not gonna justify spending that much money on replacing it also without knowing if the color will ever match my faded interior. It only took about 3 hours for removal and cleaning. I contemplated going with a blue vinyl replacement but I'd rather keep it the way it was. Mind you, it's sooooo much better than it was and no longer has any caked flat spots.
here it is only about half way through washing

Old 03-17-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi,
Yea, you can always get some nice floor mats and who would know?

And at least it is CLEAN!
Old 03-17-2017, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Following. I need to tear my interior apart and do similar myself.

Trending Topics

Old 03-17-2017, 09:22 PM

Made a bit of progress today. Unfortunately I pulled the dash wiring the wrong way before realizing it was only six plugs 3 near the passenger kick panel and 3 at the firewall. So maybe time for that obd2 swap? I'm on the fence about so much with this truck. I want to keep it as stock as possible keeping everything to the door codes but at the same time, I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. Right now I'm debating going with a 2 tone black and blue interior with plastic and vinyl paint. Trying to find matching crystal blue door panels has been a headache for over 2 years now. I would keep the carpet and seats blue but go black everywhere else. What do you guys think?
current progress

Old 03-18-2017, 12:54 AM

So it has been decided. I originally didnt even want a blue interior truck. I'm going to go full custom on this thing and make it what I want. I know I spent awhile cleaning the carpet due to cost but after some research, I was finally able to find carpet for a decent price. I'm gonna go 2 tone black and dark gray. Dark gray plastic trim, black and gray seats (was planning on reupholstering anyway), black headliner, black carpet, black vinyl visors. At this point, If I want to keep my truck, I might as well make it what I want and not what I have to deal with; if I have to spend the money, so be it.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 PM

Made it to the local pick N pull yard today. Found some charcoal gray trim pieces and a dash. I found door panels and then I saw someone had cut a hole in both. Whatever panels I do find, I decided I'm just going to paint them the charcoal gray. Duplicolors vinyl and fabric paint matches fords color very well actually. But getting all the gray cleaned up today and hopefully tomorrow, I can prep and paint all the blue.