Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Gauge Needles

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Gauge Needles

I am in the process o f trying to make this ole truck look a little more presentable. Does anyone know if the needles on the 91 are illuminated or non? If non I can paint with special fluorescent paint. If they are illuminated would anyone know where I can get replacement needles.

Thanks Mike
Old 07-08-2016, 10:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by okc lube man
I am in the process o f trying to make this ole truck look a little more presentable. Does anyone know if the needles on the 91 are illuminated or non? If non I can paint with special fluorescent paint. If they are illuminated would anyone know where I can get replacement needles. Thanks Mike
they are illuminated, but they aren't illuminated on their own. They are lit by the bulbs you have behind the instrument cluster, so if your needles aren't glowing, I'd first pull the cluster out and check the bulbs first.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've done so much to this truck that I've lost track. They just lost that fluorescent orange color. I pulled all of the needles off and scraped the old faded paint off of the back side with a razor blade. I had purchased a small vial of paint not knowing if it would work, and repainted the back side. It looks like new!
Old 07-09-2016, 12:48 AM
paint sucks

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by okc lube man
I am in the process o f trying to make this ole truck look a little more presentable. Does anyone know if the needles on the 91 are illuminated or non? If non I can paint with special fluorescent paint. If they are illuminated would anyone know where I can get replacement needles.

Thanks Mike
i would say junk yard or lmc truck will sell each individual gauge face

Quick Reply: Gauge Needles