Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Fuel pump questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 06:12 PM
No One

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Fuel pump questions

I have to replace my front tanks fuel pump. I do not want to rebuild the old one. I found a fuel pump here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-...Q5fAccessories

What I want to know is if anyone has used one of these before? Was it from the same guy on Ebay? How did it preform? Did it last for a long time? How was the quality of workmanship on it? I assume I have steel tanks, since they are the original ones. Could we tell what tanks I have from the VIN number? I know I have a 19 gal upfront and an 18.2 in the rear but would the VIN tell us if they are steel or plastic?

Yes I am asking a lot of questions. I want to know all this before I order a new pump and end up with some piece of junk that will not work or is just garbage. Trying to not to have to so this again for a few years at least lmao.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:19 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

With out even asking Its steel if its the original one plastic ones are kind of a new deal for cars. mines steel. as for the part on the ebay what name brand is it? check out rock auto.com they are good quality parts and on the cheap i bought my entire stainless steel exhaust system from them including the cat for 189 bucks the only thing i didn't like about it was i had to cut some off to fit it in with out lifting my truck off the ground LOL + it got to me with in the same week i ordered it

the abay one has a 1 year replacement so its not a bad deal but if it craps out on you your with out the f150 for 2-3 weeks until you ge the new one
Old 06-04-2011, 08:28 PM
No One

Rock has one for $60.79 I would jump on it but I do not understand this little bit.

PERFORMANCE ELECTRIC Part # P46B
Fuel Pump Module; Strainer included.;CENTER TANK OR 19 GAL REAR PLASTIC TANK
Fuel Pump Module; Strainer included.;CENTER TANK - 19 GAL REAR PLASTIC TANK
Fuel Pump Module; Strainer included.;PUMP & MODULE w/CENTER TANK or w/19 GAL REAR PLASTIC TANK
Fuel Pump Module; Strainer included.;STRAINER INCL w/PUMP 19 GAL REAR PLASTIC TANK CENTER TANK
Fuel Pump Module; Strainer included.;CENTER OR 19 GAL REAR PLASTIC TANK

Does this mean it is for a plastic tank?WTF does this crap mean?Sorry I do not understand it but that is just weird gibberish to me lmao!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM
lost my Car again...

there are company who make plastic replacement tanks thats all. it took me a while to figure it out too the way the have it set up is like what the guy behind the parts store sees when he looks up the part

so you need a front tank is it on the drivers side or passenger?

Last edited by TheCollector; 06-04-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:32 PM
No One

That it some weird stuff man. Almost like Computer coding to the laymen. I know computer code but that was like wtf? Who is messing with me and why?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
lost my Car again...

LOL i got you each part fits different things like the first one on the list will fit all that and so on and so on so you need to figure out which tank you got which looking at it more it seems that the front and rear pumps are the same deal so the first one would do it unless you need instructions.

I guess its a new mechanic deal that we get this stuff easily but give us a parts caltolog we will be an hour or two LOL
Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 PM
No One

Driver side 19 gallon tank. Would assume it is steel since it has never been replaced. This is why I don't like Rock Auto half the time. Fuel pump with shipping over 73.00 bucks not to bad. Tank straps 20.97 + 11.59 shipping. All because they ship from two different places. That is a bit insane in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:46 PM
lost my Car again...

yeah its true but you can still get some good deals though the first one should do it unless its an external but i don't think it is
Old 06-04-2011, 08:47 PM
No One

Got any Rock Auto coupon codes lmao?
Old 06-04-2011, 08:47 PM
lost my Car again...

actually i might hang on ill check my inbox sorry its expired

Last edited by TheCollector; 06-04-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump questions