Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Fuel issues i think

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel issues i think

I have 94 f150 with 4.9 engine. Truck was sitting roughly 10+ years before i got. I've redone the whole fuel system and cooling system took it for a drive and doing bout 45 truck died barely got it home every time I hit the gas it would die or start to if i took my foot off quick enough. Any ideas? Again hole fuel system has been redone in the last 4 months
Old 06-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Have you checked fuel pressure at the rail under KOEO, KOER, and with a little throttle action? It would also be worth checking for codes to make sure that it's not something else. The problem that you are describing could result from one or more malfunctioning sensors, or issues with the computer (the computers in these trucks have three capacitors that have a well-documented history of leaking on the board and causing problems). Or, in my case, three leaking capacitors in the computer making it think that a bunch of sensors/actuators were malfunctioning (or actually giving them the wrong signals to make them function improperly). If you go with the check for codes route, make sure that you pull KOEO codes first and resolve any issues before checking KOER codes. If you don't resolve KOEO issues first, then your KOER codes could be misleading. Technically, you can pull codes with a multimeter, but I bought a Ford OBDI code reader from Amazon (link below) for $30 (I've also seen it behind the counter in auto parts stores for the same price). Some would say that buying a reader is a waste of money, but I think that it's one of the best investments that I have made for my truck.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-06-2018, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes i did when I first I stalled everything was reading around 50-55 psi. I'm going check it again and thanks I may go ahead and get one can't hurt.

Quick Reply: Fuel issues i think