Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Front End Work

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:22 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Question Front End Work

Alright so my next stop on my project truck here is the front end.

I just ordered all Moog ball joints and tie rods from Rock Auto and am looking for all new bushings for the sway bars, radius arm etc.

Any other ideas to replace check while I am havin her tore apart? I know there is more I could do but need fresh input..just dont want to have her torn apart twice if I can avoid it.

Please and thx
Old 11-25-2011, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4

I just ordered all Moog ball joints and tie rods from Rock Auto and am looking for all new bushings for the sway bars, radius arm etc.

Any other ideas to replace check while I am havin her tore apart? I know there is more I could do but need fresh input..just dont want to have her torn apart twice if I can avoid it.

Please and thx
Get some f250 springs for the front. It will level the truck out.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:49 AM
It's a Canadian thing eh!

Received 195 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4

Please and thx
Check the pitman arm too
Old 11-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Upper Middle Class

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure the coil spring buckets aren't rusted out.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by joeyhutchens
Get some f250 springs for the front. It will level the truck out.
Will this apply to my lift?
Attached Thumbnails Front End Work-img_20111019_094415.jpg   Front End Work-img_20111017_073745.jpg  
Old 11-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Executive Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Not if you already have lift springs in the front
Old 11-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know it may sound rudimentary, but i would check all the little stuff too, if you havent already i mean. double checking the ujoints when you do the ball joints, all the brake components and lines down by the hubs. just little stuff like that. i also clean out my rotor slots if they're dirty when i have my front end in the air. but thats just me.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by 1990-5.0-4x4
i know it may sound rudimentary, but i would check all the little stuff too, if you havent already i mean. double checking the ujoints when you do the ball joints, all the brake components and lines down by the hubs. just little stuff like that. i also clean out my rotor slots if they're dirty when i have my front end in the air. but thats just me.
No thats good...when I was under workin on a leaking abs valve i checked out the hoses they are in great shape... definitely thinkin about the u joints for sure. Seems everything under here is original. When I changed the transmission fluid it came out looking hideous, that worried me about the rest of her being neglected, so I am stepping up how deep I am going to dig I think.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Ball joints and tie rod replacement donezo...

So finishing gathering supplies for the next step. Picked up U joints, Bearings/Seals lookin at pads rotors/hub assembly. Been a while since I have replaced any brake parts.

Suggestions for brakes and rotor/hub assemblies? Really do not know if I trust Duralast or Brakebest or whatever the brand for Oreilly's. Was lookin at Wagner or some cross drilled/slotted rotors etc. And..I have not pulled it off yet but when I research the parts it says I need the rotor bug assembly but the online chat option for Oreilly's says it separate.

Any clues or insight would be great

87 F150 4.9L 4x4 Manual Hubs 4spd Manual

Quick Reply: Front End Work