Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Cherry bomb vs. Thrush

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cherry bomb vs. Thrush

So ive decided i want my truck loud! But also keep in mind i want it deep! I have 1995 351 f150 with rear cat removed front is left. I have flowmaster super 44, i dont like it...not loud but very deep...i want glasspacks (cherrybomb, thrush, or others youve heard or known about) so please dont post about true duals, straight pipes, cats removed, etc, please help, only positive posts will be read. Post about what youve heard about them, experianced, seen, ets. Im counting on this to make up my mind!

I appreciate all the help that is given!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 PM

I'd do cherry bombs but not glass packs, I'd do the muffler that goes from one pipe input to two exiting it, it's really loud and I had all that done for about 300
Old 09-15-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dynomax has a good deep sound to them.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:28 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

I had a cherry bomb on my truck for about a year untill the clamp fell off along with the glass pack i bought a thrush after that they are the same deal nothing is different other then the sticker you get I like the cherry bomb decal more then the stupid duck
Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Jesse

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My 91 302 had just a 2.25" glasspack clamped onto the pipe after the cats when I bought it. Super loud! No pipes or even turndowns, just glasspack. My 87 302 Bronco I had a 2.5" adapter on stock pipe after cat, 2.5" i/o x 36" long Cherrybomb glasspack and a 90 degree turndown just before the rear axle aimed more towards the tire than the ground. That was loud as hell and deep.

Back to my 91, I put 2.5" piping all the way back using stock hanger and exit locations with same model Cherrybomb glasspack as my Bronco and it is deep at idle and loud at WOT with no cabin drone like in the Bronco had.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by fORDfAnATiC2012
I'd do cherry bombs but not glass packs, I'd do the muffler that goes from one pipe input to two exiting it, it's really loud and I had all that done for about 300
That is what id like to do but the problem with that is the money aspect im trying to keep it under 50 bucks, ive redone my exgaust 4 times because im trying to get something good till i can save up for new headers, true duals, cat back system, etc.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheCollector
I had a cherry bomb on my truck for about a year untill the clamp fell off along with the glass pack i bought a thrush after that they are the same deal nothing is different other then the sticker you get I like the cherry bomb decal more then the stupid duck
Ha! Sounds familiar! That happened once to me so i decided, its time for a welder (it was a good excuse to get one) but i greatly appreciate the input!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Guns-trucks

That is what id like to do but the problem with that is the money aspect im trying to keep it under 50 bucks, ive redone my exgaust 4 times because im trying to get something good till i can save up for new headers, true duals, cat back system, etc.
I gotcha man, then I'd do the glasspacks bc they give you their money's worth
Old 09-15-2011, 10:45 PM
lost my Car again...

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Guns-trucks
Ha! Sounds familiar! That happened once to me so i decided, its time for a welder (it was a good excuse to get one) but i greatly appreciate the input!
LOL i got a welder the glass packs are not legal in Maine so its easier to swap out the muffler with just a clamp other then a sawzal. i have some mechanics wire around the glass pack tied to one of the cross members just in case this one wants to fall off.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheCollector
LOL i got a welder the glass packs are not legal in Maine so its easier to swap out the muffler with just a clamp other then a sawzal. i have some mechanics wire around the glass pack tied to one of the cross members just in case this one wants to fall off.
Dang no glasspacks in Maine? How do you manage!?

Quick Reply: Cherry bomb vs. Thrush