Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Can anyone help locate parts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 09:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Can anyone help locate parts.

I am wanting to add front and rear stabilizer bar. I found parts at local salvage on a 4x4. They told me the could not do it because it was more labor than it was worth. Worth what and to who?

Anyhow I am trying to find at least the brackets that the links would connect to.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:05 AM

Received 489 Likes on 436 Posts

If you are pulling both bars and all of the mounts/links/hardware associated with it then I can't see why they wouldn't do it unless they were just so busy they couldn't be bothered. But when it comes to small stuff like that you are better off pulling it all yourself - that way you know you have everything. The rear will be easy - only 6 total bolts to remove the entire assembly. The front is a PITA because you have to remove the springs to get to the piece that the links bolt to, but otherwise is not very difficult.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did find a truck that had everything at a pull it yourself. They had it resting on radius arm this putting pressure on springs. I would just have to find out if they would support it by the frame first or if I am on my own.

Quick Reply: Can anyone help locate parts.