Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

Adding Power Mirrors..

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 11:30 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Adding Power Mirrors..

I've been trying to piece together what all I need to get this done on my 1995 F-150 XLT, and so far I think I have everything I need. I have the Mirrors-Mirror Switch-Switch Housing & a complete Driver/Passenger Wiring Harness out of a F-150 that had the Power Mirrors. So now I need to figure out how to do this, I really don't want to remove my Dash. So is it possible to remove just the Power Mirror Wires from the extra Harness I have, and then run them along my Harness that I already have? I figure the Power Mirror part is just taped up in the Harness, and I could take just that part out of the donor Harness. And hook it up inside the Drivers Door & instead of running it way up behind the Dash just tuck it under the Dash, and run it to the Passenger side Kick Panel then up into the Passenger Door. I could be WAY off on this, that's why I'm asking you Guys that know WAY more than me.. It would be great if someone else has done this & can tell me how to go about this, because when it comes to wiring I'm at a loss.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:17 AM
Salvage Yard Pro

Received 129 Likes on 115 Posts

Have not done this, but....
https://www.f150forum.com/f10/adding...irrors-249000/

You posted in the thread that this picture was taken from. The picture shows the mirror harness using the white tabs in place below the windshield. If there was enough slack in this pic for the harness to run through the top of the dash from kick panel to kick panel, then I don't see why you could not run the wiring like you want and secured in place with zip ties. I've run numerous heavy gauge wires through the lower portion of the dash and secured them to the frame of the dash. You just have to look at your old harness to determine where to plug it into. Looks fairly self explanatory.

Last edited by unit505; 02-22-2015 at 04:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Adding Power Mirrors..