Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

93 F150 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:11 PM
mecmar44

Default 93 F150 Suspension

Hello, my name is Mark, as you can tell im new here but have been around fords all my life. I bought a 1993 F150 4x4 auto couple years back that was lifted and had 33's on it. After fighting with camber issues (still fighting) i decided to ditch the lift and put the stock suspension back under it. I plan on buying new coil springs, rear leafs, radius arm bushings and camber adjustment bushings (changed these to try and fix camber). My question to all of you is what degree camber bushings to buy if I'm throwing the stock springs under it. I just bought new BFG All Terrain T/A K/0's in the flavor of 235x75R15 and don't feel like chewing these up. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am no suspension expert by far, but fought similar issue with a 92 F150 lifted 2" with 33" tires. Napa has adjustable camber bushings, if memory serves they were 0-4.5 degrees. That was almost enough for my setup, but I ended up taking the lift out.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 PM
mecmar44

Im thinking it has a 2" Lift on it. just the front though to level it out. I believe the camber bushings i bought were 2* and it apparently worked for the one side but the other side has negative camber. Both sides had this to begin with but the driver side is better than the passenger side after the bushings. Im tired of chewing up tires and eating gas, so I'm going to drop the suspension back to stock. I'm thinking i will need 0* camber bushings, but i think i might get adjustable ones that can be set at 0* just to be on the safe side.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Philipwk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 4 insh Superlift and I too was fighting this same problem. I put 3 sets of springs under the front of my 93 standard cab before I got it right.
I think the thing to do is first install the springs, do a basic alignment, drive the truck for a while allow the springs to setle [mine about 3/4 of an inch] Then and only then go to the alignment shop with some of thoes "off center" spacers and alighn to factory specks. I did this and it has been perfect for around 8 years now, all I do is rotate every 5k miles.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:21 PM
mecmar44

I was figuring on replacing the front springs and replacing the camber bushings with THESE. Then take it to sears since i had it aligned there not to long ago and for 6 months alignment is free. Have yet to find a decent alignment shop, at least sears will do it for 6 months. Any advice on do it yourself alignments? I'm to the point where i trust myself more than these alignment shops.

Quick Reply: 93 F150 Suspension