Topic Sponsor
1987 - 1996 F150 Still running strong! Talk about your 8th and 9th generation Ford F150 trucks.

91 window motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 window motor replacement

hi im new here i just bought a 91 f150 and and the drivers side window motor is out and i need to know how to change it out. like where the bolts are and how to get it out, thanks guys
Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 AM

Buy the Haynes manual. It is in there.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 AM

wow thanks for being a ****. i appreciate it man. the whole purpose of this forum is people helping others with the same trucks bc they have either done it or they're asking for advice.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:37 AM

I'm not trying to be a dick. I have the same problem with both my windows. I have been doing a lot of research about it. The best info I could find is in that book.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 AM
professional bad ass

theres 4 rivets holding it into the door underneath the door panel. gotta get those out and you can work from there.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As skuzzlebutt13 says there are four rivet that attach the motor to the lift arm. the best way I have found to remove them is with a Dremel tool with one the abrasive grinders, I use a cut off disk. Barring that you can do it with a smooth cut mill bastard file it will just takes longer. Afterwards you install the new motor with conventional bolts and nuts, be sure to use lock washer when doing this, and Locktight is also in order. LMC truck has the motors.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:14 PM

Alright I did it today. First with the window up use some blue painters tape and hold up the window. I used a punch to knock the center pin of the rivet out. Then I used a 1/4" drill bit to drill the rest of the rivet out.. When the motor is off disconnect the power lines, and slide the lift arm out from the bottom of the glass. The motor and arm should come out now. When I got mine out I the outside gear looked good, I unscrewed the one phillips head and three hex screws that attach the lift arm to the motor, and pulled the gear out. Inside there was just a mess of grease and broken plastic pieces. There are three small gears that go in here. I found the part at my local pep boys. It is made by Dorman - Help Power Window Motor Gear Plug Part 74410. Make sure you use a lot of grease when you put it back together. I also sanded some of the rust off of the Lift Arm. Putting it back is just putting it all back together and putting the screws back.

I didn't have rivets, so I used 1/4-20 1/2" hex bolts with lock washers, nuts. I also used blue loc tite. Hope this helps. I'm doing the other window in the morning.

Last edited by FrankSap; 02-25-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 AM

well thanks guys for the help and frank my bad the way you put your first post you came off as an ***. but that could've been me i'm an ******* lol

Quick Reply: 91 window motor replacement